Job descriptionGardewine is a Manitoba company, with terminals across Canada and a strong history that dates back to the 1950’s. Since being founded in the northern community of Flin Flon we have grown significantly by diversifying within the transportation industry. The most important aspect of our company’s operations is our dedicated people; our people will always be the source of our success and their safety and health will always come first. We are currently seeking an Parts Coordinator to join our team at our Winnipeg, Manitoba Terminal.
As a Parts Coordinator, you will be responsible for completing day-to-day requests for parts for the Winnipeg maintenance department. This will include computer use, handling of paperwork, and dealing with all types of telephone and other inquiries.
Duties and responsibilities
- Process parts requests for the service department and outbound terminal orders directed by phone, email or walk ups etc.
- Obtaining price quotations from suppliers, supplier catalogues, on line electronic inventories.
- Process, receive and close purchase orders
- Monitor inventory levels as materials, equipment and stocks are issued and allocated
- Conducts periodic physical inventory counts and inventory reconciliation
- Receives parts and contacts supplier to resolve shortages, back orders, missed deliveries and other problems
- Prepares, maintains and updates purchasing files, reports and price lists
- Coordinate assign and review the work of parts pick up clerk concerning shipping, receiving, distribution and maintenance of inventory levels
- Plan, organize and coordinate with the service department regarding parts availability for upcoming service work in the shop
- Update and maintain inventory management system in TMT Maintenance program
- Charge out parts supplied to the service department
- Communicate with the service department regarding parts charge-out issues, distribution/supply problems and offer solutions
- Ensure the usage and maintenance of parts barcode management system
- Optimize parts arrangement and flow in the parts room
- Cores and dormant inventory management
- Monitor and manage returned parts
- Adhere to parts KPI’s and coordinate and assist in improvement initiatives
- Perform other duties as assigned for the success of the department
- Supports all Safety & Health initiatives
Qualifications Secondary education in Supply Chain or related field. Strong interpersonal, organizational and customer service skills. Able to demonstrate computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office. Working knowledge of transportation equipment maintenance administrative procedures preferred; likewise with heavy truck and trailer parts. Able to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
Physical Requirements Some of the physical demands may include, but not be limited to; walking on the shop floor, lifting parts and delivering them to mechanics. Using the telephone, and computer, with some sitting at the computer.
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
Bath Fitter Saint-Eustache, QC Today
Phoenix Industrial Alberta Today
TD Bank Montréal, QC Today