Job descriptionNew Hire Wage = $17.22
After Probation Wage = $17.96
Incoming professionals with relevant work experience may be subject to higher wages.
$1.00/hour Premium for Night Shift (22:00-06:00)
Must be legally allowed to work in a casino (19+) and in Canada.
Job Type: Casual
Requirements: Bilingual preferred (Mandarin/Cantonese)
The Gateway to Your Future
If you have mastered the art of service, then we invite you to apply for the VIP Host. As a member of the VIP hospitality team, you oversee our guests? journey while on the property, while coordinating with account development team members on trip planning. You have a passion for customer care and delivering premium, personalized service to our guests, ensuring they have a memorable experience.
This exciting opportunity at a national company offers you the chance to grow your career with the promise of an excellent benefits package and competitive salary for full-time employees. Don?t miss this chance to put yourself in the centre of the action.
- Full benefits package for full-time employees
- Retirement savings plan
- Exciting, supportive and fun work environment
- Family and friends discounts on travel, tech, food, beverage, and fitness
- Development and training opportunities
- Ability to make decisions per established comp and expense guidelines.
- Handle situations in a calm, professional and prudent manner.
- Maintain a close connection with customers to encourage guest loyalty.
- Anticipate and meet or exceed the needs of guests.
- Identify service challenges and act immediately to resolve.
- Comply with all applicable regulations, laws and policies.
- Operate with the highest levels of integrity and honesty.
- Increase efficiencies and identify ways to improve guest experiences.
- Aware and informed of all events and opportunities in the market.
What You Bring
- Minimum two years of experience in the guest services and/or hospitality industry.
- An independent thinker who can maximize customer service experiences and program profitability.
- Natural leader who can direct and supervise staff.
- A relationship-builder who encourages open communication and collaboration.
- Time-management savvy and expert multitasker who thrives in the service industry.
- Ability to manage issues and empower a team to excel.
- Strategic thinker who has an eye for detail and a capacity to see the big picture.
- Benefit from working flexible hours, evenings, and weekends.
- Efficient multitasker who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Diplomatic in dealing with sensitive matters.
- Ability to seamlessly handle complaints, room issues and conflicts.
- Excellent customer service skills, including the ability to be friendly, efficient, polite and patient.
Why Work With Us?
Gateway celebrates and empowers our team members, who make it all possible. A career at Gateway means working with great people, being recognized for your unique contribution and career advancement opportunities across our 27 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs while working in a dynamic and fun environment. See for yourself what it?s like to be on a team that values your vision, skill and energy.
Get to Know Gateway
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (?Gateway?) is one of the largest and most diversified gaming and entertainment companies in Canada. Across its 27 gaming properties in British Columbia, Ontario and Edmonton, Alberta, Gateway currently employs approximately 8,648 people and boasts approximately 448 table games (including 49 poker tables), 13,887 slots, 85 restaurants and bars and 561 hotel rooms. Gateway is the service provider for the Central, Southwest and North gaming Bundles in Ontario, which includes 11 properties in their portfolio. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, dramatically improving the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. Some of Gateway's proprietary brands include Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley's Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada. Further information is available at www.gatewaycasinos.com.
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages!
Gateway is a proud equal opportunity employer and dedicates itself to Respect, Integrity, Team-Work and Exceptional Customer Service. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free candidate experience and work environment. If you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.