Why join us?
The Telecommunications Division is currently looking for a Designer with experience in planning, design and detailed engineering, particularly in the deployment of FTTH networks and outdoor telecommunications networks (aerial and underground) for its Montreal office in order to support the growth of the office and the team already in place.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Carry out overhead utility design for telecom attachments;
- Perform pole line analysis using SpidaCalc, and QuickPole;
- Excellent knowledge of CSA 22.3, USF Standard, Ontario Regulations 22/04;
- Coach junior designers;
- Assist engineers to review the design;
- Ensure plans and specifications meet client’s standards;
- Act as resource person for a design team;
- In the event of problems, ensure that modifications are made to the outdoor network;
- Collaborate and work with inspectors on field surveys to prepare and modify network design plans and to document technical information packages;
- Identify any problems that could hinder the realization of the project and share them with his team (inspector, engineers, manager…);
- Perform any other similar or general task related to the position;
What will you contribute?
- 3 years’ experience in pole line engineering.
- 3 years’ experience as a team leader with a group of designers working on different sites.
- 3 years’ experience, mainly related to the telecommunications field, more specifically in optical fiber networks.
- Experience with AutoCad, SpidaCalc, QuickPole, SpidaCalc, NetworkX and BlueBeam.
- Experience with FTTH design.
- Experience with Hydron One pole line engineering (asset).
- Ease of communicating effectively, both orally and in writing, in English.
- Ease of communicating effectively, both orally and in writing, in French (asset).
- Demonstrate a client-contact approach.
- Knowledge of plans and specifications reading.
- 18 months experience in network and civil design for operations or maintenance.
- Valid driver’s license.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
You think that a career in our team could match your profile, submit your application online now!
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a fully integrated professional services and project management company with offices around the world dedicated to engineering a better future for our planet and its people. We create sustainable solutions that connect people, technology and data to design, deliver and operate the most complex projects. We deploy global capabilities locally to our clients and deliver unique end-to-end services across the whole life cycle of an asset including consulting, advisory & environmental services, intelligent networks & cybersecurity, design & engineering, procurement, project & construction management, operations & maintenance, decommissioning and capital. – and delivered to clients in key strategic sectors such as Engineering Services, Nuclear, Operations & Maintenance and Capital. News and information are available at snclavalin.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.