Job descriptionThe Ontario Internal Audit Division, Treasury Board Secretariat, has a challenging opportunity for a team-oriented individual with excellent multi-tasking skills. You will provide administrative support to management of the Audit Service Team in a range of areas, including finance, budget forecasting, electronic file management and human resources.
Capital Audit Branch
In this 12-month opportunity, you will support the Capital Audit Branch within the Ontario Internal Audit Division, reporting to the Director. The Capital Audit Branch provides internal audit services to the Capital Sector (Ministry of Transportation, Ministry of Infrastructure and Ministry of Energy).
Note: Flexible work arrangements, including flexible hours, and telework (remote work), may be considered.
OPS Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Accessibility, and Anti-Racism:We are committed to build a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to promote a diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, accessible, merit-based, respectful and equitable workplace.
We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
Visit the OPS Anti-Racism Policy and the OPS Diversity and Inclusion Blueprint pages to learn more about the OPS commitment to advance racial equity, accessibility, diversity, and inclusion in the public service.
We offer employment accommodation across the recruitment process and all aspects of employment consistent with the requirements of Ontario's Human Rights Code. Refer to the "How to apply" section if you require a disability-related accommodation.
What can I expect to do in this role?You will:
- maintain, analyze and reconcile the Ontario Internal Audit Service Team budget
- play a key role in the preparation of billings and issuance of inter-ministry journals
- format and proof-read quality management information, reports and correspondence
- coordinate and support purchasing and IT asset management
- provide human resources-related administrative services
- assist with the preparation of service team performance metrics reports
- research and compile data and information for reports and team projects
Note: occasional travel is required to support satellite offices, where applicable.
How do I qualify?
- You have experience managing the day-to-day administration of the budget
- You can accurately prepare monthly and quarterly forecasts
- You can analyze and reconcile budget and purchasing card statements
- You can support billings based on a cost-recovery model
- You can prepare variance analysis explanations and reports, and effect necessary account corrections
Financial, Auditing and Human Resources Knowledge
- You have working knowledge of financial, purchasing, human resources and auditing/investigation policies and procedures
- You can develop, implement and coordinate a range of administrative support systems and processes
- You can provide financial, procurement, asset management and human resources-related administrative services to support projects
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- You can provide and exchange information to/with internal and external contacts
- You can prepare technical reports, recommendations, correspondence, presentations and other materials
- You can develop and maintain effective working relationships with audit service teams and staff at all levels
Organizational, Project Management and Computer Skills
- You can coordinate data collection and identify priorities to meet tight deadlines
- You have well-developed organizational skills to support staff in multiple locations
- You have advanced knowledge of, and skills in, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and database software to produce briefing materials, correspondence, human resources documentation and spreadsheets
- You can support communication mechanisms, including connectivity through virtual conferencing and other remote communication logistics
Research, Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills
- You can identify issues and develop practical and responsive recommendations
- You can develop, assemble and evaluate information
- 1 Temporary, duration up to 12 months, 301 St Paul St, St Catharines, West Region
Compensation Group: Association of Management, Administrative and Professional Crown Employees of Ontario
Understanding the job ad - definitions Schedule: 6
Category: Finance and Economics
Posted on: Monday, August 8, 2022
- The information that you provide for the purpose of this competition and the results from this competition may be used to fill other positions. These positions may be of various tenures including short-term assignments. Your information and the results from this competition will be retained for the purpose of filling vacancies in accordance with the applicable collective agreement or policy provisions.
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
Chainalysis Toronto, ON Today
Autolux Ltd Rapid City Transport Oshawa, ON Today