Mt Seymour is a winter recreation area located in North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. We are located about 30 minutes from the vibrant west coast city of Vancouver.
We are currently looking for a Slope Groomer operator to join our family for the 2022/23 winter season. The Slope Groomer Operator is responsible for operating the grooming machine safely and efficiently to produce the highest quality skiing, snowboarding and sliding surface possible for Mt Seymour guests.
- To uphold Mt Seymour’s mandate to “excite and engage everyone in mountain recreation by providing fun, safe and enriching experiences.”
- To uphold Mt Seymour’s Core Values; Safety, Fun, Integrity, Accessibility and Environmental Stewardship.
- Compliance with all Mt Seymour policies and procedures as set out in the employee handbook.
- Ensure the safe and efficient use of machinery including snow cats and implements.
- To produce the final groomed product.
- Keep a clean, organized and safe work environment.
- Report and rectify unsafe acts.
- Assist in maintaining the cleanliness of snow cats and other related work areas.
- Identify maintenance requirements on the snow cats and communicate that with the Vehicle Maintenance Department & Heavy Duty Mechanics.
- To identify the maintenance concerns of ski/snowboard runs.
- Keep accurate records in regards to the snow cats.
- Other related duties as required
Rate of Pay: Based on experience and qualificationsJob Requirements/Qualifications:
- A valid B.C. Driver’s License.
- Previous snow grooming experience preferred.
- Mechanically inclined.
- Ability to follow direction and work unsupervised.
- Safety oriented.
- Good physical condition.
- Willing and able to work in all weather conditions
- Ability to be a supportive team member.
- Able to work varying shifts, including graveyards.
- Must be a skier and/or snowboarder.
Please submit cover letter and resume to [email protected]