Job descriptionCompetition Number P13170
Posting Title Simulation Technician
Classification Band 7
Location Saskatchewan Polytechnic Saskatoon Campus
Building Saskatoon Campus, 33rd St.
Other Building Saskatoon Campus Ontario Avenue
Date Posted 08/05/2022
Closing Date 08/16/2022
JIQ # 30197
Start Date 08/03/2022
Open Until Filled No
Category of work Part Time
Bargaining Unit Professional Services
Hours of Work Regulated 36 hours (modified)
Salary Range $27.95 - $33.42 per hour
Temporary Market Stipend
Total Assigned days (AC) / Total Hours per biweekly pay 36 hours bi-weekly.
Assignments are primarily during business hours, but may include evenings and weekends depending on program needs.
Posting Status Open Assignment may include evenings and weekends depending on program needs.
Job Duties/Qualifications, Skills and Abilities(QSA)Job Duties Job Duties Primary Purpose – to provide technical support regarding simulation technology and scenario development for the Interprofessional Simulation Learning Centre (IPSLC) at Saskatchewan Polytechnic Campus. Specific duties include:
1. Simulation production and delivery. Work directly with IPSLC staff and other faculty to determine appropriate simulation technology applications for programs and orientate other faculty and staff on the delivery of technology within the simulation centre.
2. Collaborate with faculty for data entry of event scenarios and maintain data and records for reporting purposes.
3. Work with faculty to deliver and monitor simulation events/scenarios.
4. Technical and physical preparation and dismantling of simulation equipment.
5. Provide technical support for simulations developed for Nursing and Science & Health programs and partnered PN simulation centres. May include occasional travel.
6. Collaborate with faculty and Virtual Campus for the development of virtual simulation needs and opportunities.
7. Collaborate with IPSLC Coordinator and Senior Simulation Assistant regarding asset management, maintenance and repair and to assist with the purchase of supplies and equipment, creation of supply packing lists and preparation of instructions for simulation events.
8. Assist with the preparation of purchase requests for equipment and supplies specific to simulation (low to high fidelity simulators, technical components and auxiliary equipment; associated revolving inventory).
9. Maintain stock of items for IPSLC simulation events and perform monthly physical count of high-volume-use revolving inventory.
10. Establish and maintain working relationships (both national and international) with counterparts from other educational institutions, simulation lab professionals, vendors, community representatives, health industry/education leaders.
11. Work as a member of the IPSLC team for evaluation of functions/operation.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE Specific Accountabilities
Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities (QSA) 1. Graduation of a post secondary health education program (nursing or paramedic preferred) or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
2. Two years experience working in a health care setting, health education environment or simulation learning environment.
3. Training or experience at the intermediate level in the use of MS Office suite.
4. Knowledge of simulation practices and the application of technology in simulation.
5. Knowledge of current products and procedures used in health education simulation.
6. Knowledge of medical terminology.
7. Technical proficiency with electronic and digital medical equipment.
8. Effective communication (listening, oral, written) skills.
9. Strong organizational skills.
10. Ability to work cooperatively within a team.
11. Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision.
12. Demonstrates valuing diversity.