Who needs insurance? Everybody. That keeps us busy. Very busy. At the Intact Lab, we use machine learning, data science, software engineering, AI, agility, UX and design thinking to transform the customer experience for millions of Canadians. Simplifying insurance takes creativity, empathy and hard work. We explore, take risks, make mistakes, and learn all day, every day. Here, innovation is everyone's job. Ready to make your mark?
About the role
We’re looking for a Senior UX Designer to join our growing team!
As a UX Designer, you will bring a human-centered approach to our products and services. You're an expert facilitator, researcher, and strategist. Your quest is to demystify complex problems to conceive and help bring to life delightful digital experiences across both customer and employee journeys.
As a member of our Enterprise UX team, you will be involved in the full co-creative design process: working with stakeholders from the earliest stages of discovery, using design-driven methods to shape the way we understand problems, develop insights, and deliver solutions. You will contribute to strategy and collaborate closely with diverse stakeholders to ensure organizational buy-in, alignment, and knowledge transfer - to elevate and transform our products and experiences.
Workplace: Toronto (700, University Ave) or Montreal (2020, Robert- Bourassa Blvd).
What you'll do here :
- Inform our strategy and innovation efforts by providing insights into the needs of our customers and business - obtained through qualitative and quantitative research.
- Translate research insights into actionable design solution.
- Produce CX/UX artifacts such as wireframes, process and service blueprints and customer journeys to create a shared understanding of the experience across all lines of business.
- Undertake user research: client and stakeholder interviews, focus groups, usability tests, diary studies, etc.
- Contribute to a range of co-creation workshops to engage stakeholders and customers in designing customer-centric processes.
- Develop wireframes, visual elements, and reports to communicate ideas, secure stakeholder buy-in and inspire teams at all levels, from peers to executives.
- Develop working prototypes to test and validate solutions for refinement.
- Collaborate with product owners and business analysts to support the roll- out of initiatives through experimentation, testing and refinement based on learnings.
- Empathize with and lead stakeholders and customers as they move through the innovation journey.
Everyone has a unique career journey and experience comes in many forms - this is considered a strength on our team. If you are unsure you meet all of the criteria but still feel this might be the right fit, please apply! We’d love to meet you rather than you self-select out of the process. Plus, we believe in hiring for potential, and proudly support training should you notice any skill gaps.
What you bring to the table:
- At least 7 years of experience in service design, design strategy, experience design or user experience designer.
- Analytical, curious and creative.
- Proactive, comfortable working within a self-directed culture and navigating ambiguity.
- A patient listener, effective communicator, engaging presenter and compelling storyteller.
- Comfortable with interacting at different levels in the organization, from peers to senior management.
- Many examples in your back pocket that showcase your process in delivering user-centered design solutions.
- Experience in usability, user-centered design and design thinking practices. · Experience in facilitation, design research, and strategy.
- A team player who thrives in a collaborative environment and can provide and receive constructive feedback.
- Experience with design tools (Figma, Sketch, Axure, InVision, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.)
- Strong visualization skills to communicate design ideas.
- Bilingualism (English/French)
Here are a few reasons why others have joined our team:
- An award-winning, inspiring workplace that supports its people and recognizes great work
- Stimulating, challenging projects and development opportunities to help you grow your skills and career
- A comprehensive financial rewards program that recognizes your success
- An extensive, flexible benefits package
- An industry leading Employee Share Purchase Plan where we match 50% of net shares purchased
- A $350 annual wellness account that promotes an active lifestyle
Flexible Work Arrangements
We’re proud to support a flexible hybrid approach which gives everyone the best of both worlds. While there are no minimum or maximum time requirements, each team’s need for in-person connections will be different and there will be times you’ll join your colleagues at the office.
What we offer
Working here means you'll be empowered to be and do your best every day. Here is some of what you can expect as a permanent member of our team:
A financial rewards program that recognizes your success
An industry leading Employee Share Purchase Plan; we match 50% of net shares purchased
An extensive flex pension and benefits package, with access to virtual healthcare
Flexible work arrangements
Possibility to purchase up to 5 extra days off per year
An annual wellness account that promotes an active and healthy lifestyle
Access to tools and resources to support physical and mental health, embracing change and connecting with colleagues
A dynamic workplace learning ecosystem complete with learning journeys, interactive online content, and inspiring programs
Inclusive employee-led networks to educate, inspire, amplify voices, build relationships and provide development opportunities
Inspiring leaders and colleagues who will lift you up and help you grow
A Community Impact program, because what you care about is a part of what makes you different. And how you contribute to your community should be just as unique
We are an equal opportunity employer
At Intact, we value diversity and strive to create an inclusive, accessible workplace where all individuals feel valued, respected, and heard.
If we can provide a specific adjustment to make the recruitment process more accessible for you, please let us know when we reach out about a job opportunity. We’ll work with you to meet your needs.
Click here to review other important information about the hiring process, including background checks, internal candidates, and eligibility to work in Canada.
If you are an employee of Intact, belairdirect, or Johnson Insurance, please apply for this role on Contact People.