We are Canada's largest independent information technology services firm, and after 45 years, we're still growing! Join Canada's largest IT Company as a ‘Senior Support Analyst' in our Banking Services Division in Toronto.
Candidates must have strong collaboration skills to work with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to ensure requirements are translated into specific solutions.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
1. Partner with key stakeholders to schedule packaging and release new applications in a timely manner, implement changes with proper testing, stakeholder signoff, follow approved governance, change management procedures and gating criteria, reduce change execution times by planning implementations with parallel work streams
2. Continuously strive to improve the stability of production environment by partnering closely with key stakeholders on setting up, maintaining and monitoring applications/systems, ensuring availability targets are met
3. Ensure timely notification and escalation of possible issues/problems, options and recommendations for prompt resolution; communicate project status and provide timely escalation of issues to ensure project objectives are met
4. Design, review, and integrate all application requirements, including functional, security, integration, performance, quality, and operations
5. Develop a working relationship with 3rd party vendors as required to fulfill software support requirements
6. Improve stability of the production environment by assisting in setting up, maintaining and monitoring applications/system
7. Monitor the performance of the environment by using meaningful metrics
8. Work effectively as a team, supporting other members of the team in resolving critical service issues
9. Prioritize and manage own workload to deliver quality results and meet timelines
10. Support a positive work environment that promotes service to the business, quality, innovation and teamwork and ensure timely communication of issues/ points of interest
11. Participate in knowledge transfer within the team
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- 5+ years of experience in application support on distributed technologies
- Experience ITIL Framework and processes- Incident Mgmt., Problem Mgmt., Change Mgmt. knowledge
- Expertise in Scripting Language (Shell / Perl / Python)
- Experience with Java/J2EE. Database skills- DB2, Oracle, SQL server
- Middleware technology (WAS, IHS/ JBOSS, Tomcat)
- Product knowledge (IBM CMOD, Xenos) is an asset
- Experience in working within a SLA guidelines, prioritization of efforts
- Knowledge management experience - building support manual, support standards, project handover gating check lists etc.
- Experience in production issue troubleshooting with multiple teams- DBAs, Level 2 support teams, Operations, File Transfer teams, OS, Middleware etc.
- PMLC/SDLC knowledge is an asset
- Change Management
- Code Review
- Code Review
- Database Design
- Financial Services
- Problem Management
- Software Architecture
- SQL Server
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.