Job descriptionOur Purpose We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results. Job Title Senior Software Development Engineer (Embedded - DevOps/Cloud) Overview
Mastercard's Enterprise Security Solutions organization develops and delivers world-class security products and services for customers across the globe. NuData Security predicts fraudulent transactions by identifying good users from bad, based on their online behaviour. By analyzing over 38 billion behaviours annually, NuData harnesses the power of behavioural and biometric analysis to empower its clients to predict fraud and verify the user behind the device. This allows clients to predict fraud before a critical decision, reduce customer insult, and investigate bad actors efficiently.
We are looking for an Embedded DevOps (Platform Developer) to join our core product team in our Vancouver office.
- Are you happiest when you’re taking different pieces of infrastructure and making them work together without a hitch with rock-solid code?
- Would you like to design and build production quality infrastructure which is highly available and fault tolerant which will span our global footprint?
- Do you want to help some of the biggest technology companies with their security challenges and stop hackers in their tracks?
In this role, you will be a key member of our growing Product team which is responsible for increasing service stability, responding to application insights, enhancing the deployment processes, and improving our scalability.
- Implement solutions that solve complicated challenges around performance, scaling, and security while instrumenting services to provide high quality insight into emerging issues.
- Manage, architect, and develop all our environments, from development to production
- Design robust, self-healing systems that can withstand a datacenter failure or spike in traffic.
- Refine and enhance the development and build process used within our teams to drive improvements to development efficiency.
- As a developer, you will manage your own time when accomplishing project goals and are encouraged to grow your skills with continual learning, workshops, conferences and talks. Leadership is technical, meetings are short.
- As an operator, you will manage colonies of servers across multiple environments and regions, deploying updates, migrating databases, and architecting self-healing infinitely scaling services.
Essential knowledge and experience:
- Demonstrated operations or software development experience in a professional development setting;
- Demonstrated experience in managing servers, networks, and infrastructure
- Broad knowledge of many of the following: Linux, networking, servers, virtualization, security, availability, resiliency, redundancy, alerting, and monitoring;
- PHP experience, or experience with at least one object-oriented language such as Java, C#, C++, Python, or Scala with some prior experience with PHP
- Knowledge of testing frameworks and source control systems;
- Experience working with cloud-based server environments;
- Experience with building and managing software packages and server images
- Familiarity with configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, or SaltStack
- Familiarity with infrastructure as code tools such as CloudFormation or Terraform
- Familiarity with DevOps tools such as Jenkins, Packer, Vagrant, Vault, and Consul
- Familiarity with monitoring tools such as Graphite, Influx, Statsd, Kibana, Logstash, Nagios, and Sensu
- Familiarity with databases, such as Redis, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, MySQL, or Postgres
- Familiarity with building scalable distributed data processing and visualization tools
- Strong problem solving, algorithm design, and complexity analysis skills
- Exceptional communication, both written and spoken
- Bachelor of Computer Science, equivalent degree or equivalent work experience.
- Experience writing documentation and creating diagrams;
- Experience with AWS services such as EC2, S3, RDS, Kinesis, SQS, SNS, etc. or other cloud providers;
- An interest in fraud detection and security.
What we offer in return includes a beautiful view of the North Shore mountains, coffee that doesn’t stink, and colleagues that are as brilliant as they are likeable. We do cool things as a team, like summer events, board game nights, and monthly craft beer tastings. Don’t forget the competitive salary, extended health benefits, flex-time schedules, and encouragement and support for professional development. We love it here, and we think you will too.
#IdentitySolutions Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
Hotel Dieu Shaver Health and Rehabilitation Centre St. Catharines, ON Today
Bath Fitter Saint-Eustache, QC Today