FRPD is an award winning, forward thinking organization that is focused on continual improvement. Employees of FRPD are expected to represent the company internally and externally in a professional manner that enhances the reputation of the company and reinforces its values. Senior Project Manager’s will lead project teams responsible for preparing, scheduling, coordinating, executing, and monitoring major capital infrastructure projects. A Senior Project Manager is responsible to develop and implement contracting strategies, commercial and execution approaches for complex projects including negotiating and managing major project contracts and ensuring sound commercial management from initial strategy, procurement, execution, and management of sub-contractors. Senior Project Managers represent the company to external Stakeholders and FRPD employees in a professional manner, one that reflects the value and integrity of the company and enhances FRPD’s reputation.
- Directly accountable for all aspects of project performance, including resource planning, commercial and contractual adherence, HSEQ, client management and legislative and regulatory compliance.
- Strictly adhere and enforce FRPD’s Health & Safety, Environment and Quality program including the continuous improvement aspects. This includes but is not limited to
- Following FRPD’s Integrated Management System (IMS)
- Leading the preparation of work method statements, procedures, safe work plans and hazard assessments required for the safe execution of the work
- Participating in and ensuring daily Safety Communication meetings are conducted and site inspections are carried out and submitted as per the IMS requirements
- Oversee and ensure all Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality requirements/inspections are met on site
- Ensure all work is completed in compliance with all regulatory and legislative requirements
- Ensuring all permits and permissions are in place prior to the work commencing, including but not limited to environmental permits, and/or communication plans
- Oversee and coordinate communication with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure project deliverables are in accordance with identified needs. Liaise with operations and corporate staff as required to ensure alignment and support for projects.
- Lead and/or work within project teams to ensure effective project delivery, providing technical and/or other support as required.
- Manage the development, review, revision, and approval of project-specific deliverables.
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with FRPD policies and procedures.
- Develop options analysis and implement solutions to complex problems in an effective and efficient manner. Assist in the review and revision of company standards, procedures, processes, and policies associated with design, construction, maintenance, and operations. Identify, mitigate, and manage project risk.
- Lead the preparation of detailed project estimates and request for proposal and tender submissions
- Participate or lead contract negotiations, contract management, and claims settlement
- Provide ongoing project costing to support budgets & forecasting
- Communicate and provide direction and support to project team including field employees
- Develop strong working relationships with our Partners, Clients, FRPD Managers, Superintendents and field personnel
- Negotiate pricing on required project materials
- Prepare of look ahead schedules and project schedules to meet client needs
- Prepare project related client invoices and providing supporting documentation
- Approving all material and resource requirements via invoices and/or time sheets for the projects being managed
- Ensure required material suppliers and/or sub-contractors are provided with accurate schedules of the work that is to be completed
- Manage the Project Manager(s), Superintendent(s) or Foreperson(s) activities for the smooth and efficient delivery of the project.
- Protect the Company’s contractual position in the execution of our projects and management contractual changes in a proactive manner that adheres to the requirement of the contract.
Education and Experience
- Degree or Diploma in Civil Engineering or related discipline, Eligible for AScT or P.Eng. registration in the province of BC. A valid P.Eng licensed to practice in the province of British Columbia (EGBC) will be considered an asset.
- 10+ years related marine construction experience and experience in managing projects of value of $10MM and over
- Direct knowledge and experience in marine construction, drilling, pile driving or clamshell operations
Skills, Knowledge and Required Competencies:
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, Adobe, AutoCAD, MS Project)
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership qualities
- Direct knowledge and experience in all facets of marine construction, pile driving and dredging in aquatic environments
- Understanding of the standards, regulations, and best practices associated with marine construction and/or land foundations.
- Great work ethic, able to multi-task and strong interpersonal skills
- Motivated and committed to achieving project team goals while simultaneously supporting other company goals
- Ability to read and interpret design drawings and specifications
- Past experience monitoring and managing field construction, including sub-contractors and overall site HSEQ management.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to recognize discrepancies
- Creative, with superior organizational skills, results oriented and committed to team success
Ability to travel as required by project, extensive and prolonged travel is expected at times including out of town project work that could extend from a week to multiple