ICON Creative Studio is Canada’s largest independently owned animation entertainment company located in the historic Gastown district of Vancouver, BC Canada with design, storyboarding, modeling, rigging, animation, technical finaling, lighting, visual effects, and compositing artists alongside creative and management teams.
Known for our quality, efficiency, and timely deliveries, ICON has partnered alongside distributors, broadcasters, and streaming platforms around the world to help create, realize and produce noteworthy content.
ICON operates from a holistic philosophy that leverages individual skill sets to maximize production efficiency on the floor while maintaining an optimal balance of creativity and quality on-screen.
Work in studio or remotely (anywhere in British Columbia).
Why work at ICON?
At ICON we constantly invest in raising the bar of our productions and fostering our people. If you are a passionate artist capable of sharing success with others, we'd like to hear from you!
- Join the fastest growing CG Animation studio in Vancouver
- Work in a safe environment. The company has successfully set up the ability to work from home via a high-speed Teradici connection.
- Work on top feature episodic CG franchises for leading streaming platforms (Netflix, Disney+, Apple TV+, Amazon, Peacock, Paramount+ etc.)
- Work with a diverse group of artists from all over the world who have come to BC to join our expanding studio
- Use all of the latest tools and Softwares
- We uphold a premium standard of quality across all of our production
- We hire for the long term and give artists the opportunity to grow, get promoted and take on as much responsibility as they can manage
- We offer flexibility and autonomy
- We facilitate requests and make changes in a timely manner
- We support PR applications
- Direct Deposit
- We offer a generous benefits package for all employees
- Experience using ToonBoon Harmony preferred.
- Previous experience doing 2D FX work a bonus.
- Ability to complete a wide range of 2D FX in a timely and efficient manner that meets the quality bar of the given project as well as accurately meeting the description of the given task with little or no direct guidance.
- Use of file management and naming conventions should fit the project to avoid any issues with data delivery scripts. If they deviate from this in order to reduce caching times they are expected to clean up their files.
- Should be comfortable taking charge of following up on collaborative effects that require involvement from other departments and ensure that their assigned task is followed through to completion.
- Ability to complete complex 2DFX in a timely and efficient manner exactly as described by the task or callout.
- Works directly with show/art directors for key effects.
- Ability to create reusable 2DFX setups or templates that can be used by other artists to quickly complete entire series of shots with a matching look.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 36 months
Salary: $65,000.00-$100,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)