The Invinity team is growing rapidly, and we’re looking for people with a passion for renewable energy to join us at this remarkable point in our growth.
We are an emerging global cleantech leader; well-funded with category-leading technology. Our culture is collaborative, entrepreneurial, and one in which speaking up is encouraged and ideas are chosen on merit not who they come from.
Whether you are a cleantech veteran or looking to make a career shift, Invinity offers you a chance to work as part of an expert team located across multiple geographies, aligned in our mission to build a sustainable energy future.
Invinity is committed to providing equal opportunities in the workplace and follows a comprehensive Equal Opportunities Policy to ensure all employees are valued and can reach their full potential.
You will be a core member of our Finance team responsible for accounting across the Canadian and US business.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the North American finance department which includes accounts payable/receivable, billings & collections, and payroll
- Records journal entries and prepares general ledger account reconciliations
- Prepare payroll tax filings (WCB, EHT, 401K)
- Oversees and approves payment runs
- Assists in the preparation of consolidated and stand-alone financial statements, and associated note disclosures
- Prepares consolidated and audit-ready working papers as well as intercompany account reconciliations
- Coordinates with external auditors on audits and act as a liaison for any inquiries
- Writes accounting standards interpretation memos to document complex transactions and accounting issues
- Assists with tax compliance including annual corporate tax and sales tax (Canada and US)
- Assist with implementing financial policies, procedures and processes
Professional accounting designation with 8 years of experience at the senior accounting or higher level (public practice and/or industry)
- Strong technical skills, IFRS experience is preferred, manufacturing experience is an asset
- Experience writing technical accounting memos and working with external auditors
- Ability to analyse transactions and bring structure to evolving environments through collaboration and problem-solving
The energy transition means, fundamentally, a push toward electrification using renewable energy. Renewable energy’s intermittent nature is tamed by energy storage, and not just any storage, but large-scale, long-duration and robust stationary energy storage. That’s where Invinity comes in. We make flow batteries that store energy in a liquid electrolyte containing vanadium. Invinity’s vanadium flow batteries are highly advanced versions of this proven technology.
People love working at Invinity because we know we are empowered to make a meaningful impact. We’re small enough that every team member plays a critical role in our daily business, but large enough that the batteries we build are being deployed at significant scale in landmark clean energy projects around the world.