Position: Senior Executive Assistant
Site: MaRS Centre, Toronto
Department: Executive Office Team
Reports To: Senior Vice President, Group Chief Financial Officer
Salary: Commensurate with level of experience
Hours: 35 hours/week
Status: Full-time, Temporary (1-year contract)
The Ontario Institute for Cancer Research (OICR) is seeking a Senior Executive Assistant to provide full executive administrative and project management support to the Senior VP Corporate Services and Group CFO (SVPGCFO), while maintaining a high standard of professionalism, confidentiality and teamwork.
This position is temporary, full-time until September 2023 to cover a Maternity Leave.
New employees who may be required to work on-site are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 subject to the duty to accommodate on the basis of protected grounds pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Fully vaccinated is defined as having received all of the required doses of a Health Canada approved vaccine and having received the final dose at least 14 days before your employment start date.
As described above, the requirement to be fully vaccinated is subject to the Ontario Human Rights Code. If the candidate is unable to receive the COVID-19 vaccine for a reason protected by the Code, requests for accommodation from the vaccine policy will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
To learn more about working at OICR, visit our career page.
The responsibilities include:
- Provide senior-level administrative support to three senior staff including the SVPGCFO, the Senior Director, Finance (and Procurement) and Senior Director, Human Resources (and Health and Safety), as appropriate
- On a quarterly basis, provide support to the SVPGCFO in preparation of materials for the OICR and FACIT Boards of Directors and Sub Committee meetings (Human Resources and Audit, Finance and Risk (AFR)
- Lead the quarterly attestation process the SVPGCFO makes to the Ministry and Board of Directors on OICR’s overall compliance to regulations
- Help manage the Corporate Services department budget on behalf of the SVPGCFO
- Support the GCFO in the administration of Intellectual Property payments to OICR inventors, as required
- Prepare presentation materials for the SVPGCFO for meetings
- Provide direction to staff and external donors about OICR’s charitable donation guidelines, process and timelines
- Liaise with executive and administrative assistants within OICR and external stakeholders, including members of OICR’s Board of Directors and their staff
- Provide back up support to the Senior EA of the Executive Vice President and Head, Implementation Science and the Senior EA of the President and Scientific Director by organizing, creating and distributing weekly company-wide announcements (Friday Note)
- Review and process incoming pre-approvals, expense claims, invoices and purchasing cards to ensure guidelines are met prior to Management signature
- Track payments for selected vendors
- Screen, prioritize and manage SVPGCFO’s incoming review requests
- Manage all aspects of SVPGCFO’s direct reports such as ensuring all corporate staff are compliant with mandatory training, attestations, submitting annual objectives, provide input to the Operating plan, coordinating interviews and onboarding of new hires for senior staff
- Will need to be flexible regarding work in the office and remote working. At times will be required to work evenings or weekends when urgent matters arise across Corporate Services involving the SVPGCFO
- On occasion coordinate travel arrangements and coordinating all aspects of travel reservations, i.e., airline, hotel and transportation, for Management
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 6 years of Executive Assistant experience
- Excellent time management, planning and organization skills
- Results-oriented mindset coupled with a strong sense of urgency
- Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Experience in working with Microsoft Project, Visio and Adobe Acrobat, an asset
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills. Ability to effectively interact with all levels of staff and management
- Maintains confidentiality and professional approach at all times, exercises appropriate level of tact and discretion when handling sensitive matters or difficult situations
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively across departments
- Proven ability to multi-task, manage projects and meet deadlines
- Adaptable and proficient at working in a new and fast paced environment
OICR is a collaborative, not-for-profit research institute accelerating the development of new cancer research discoveries for patients around the world while maximizing the economic benefit of this research for the people of Ontario. We are dedicated professionals who bring expertise to each of our roles. We are looking for individuals who share our values of excellence, innovation, collaboration, impact, responsibility and community.
Launched in December 2005, OICR is an independent institute funded by the Government of Ontario through the Ministry of Colleges and Universities.
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
OICR is committed to fostering a climate of equity, diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. This commitment is central to, and mutually supportive of, our research excellence mandate. We welcome and respect the diversity of all members of our community and we support an inclusive culture for all. We welcome all applicants, and encourage applications from racialized persons, Indigenous Peoples, women, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S persons, and others who may contribute to furthering a diversity of ideas within our community. OICR is committed to fair assessment of a candidate’s abilities, and consideration for diversity of thought, method, and experience. Providing an accessible workplace and recruitment process is important to us, as described in our Accessibility Plan (https://oicr.on.ca/accessibility/). Should you require accommodation during any stage in the recruitment process, please complete the form at the bottom of page https://oicr.on.ca/careers/. Information received related to accommodation will be handled confidentially.
The Ontario Institute for Cancer Research thanks all applicants. However, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Resume Format: If you elect to apply, you will need a text or HTML version of your resume so that you can cut and paste it into the application box provided. Before you submit the completed application, you will be asked to attach one or two files to your application. Please attach your resume as a .pdf or .doc file.