Are you interested in joining a high-growth company and software team in the Clean Energy industry?
Do you want to work with massive amounts of real-time energy data, and the latest cloud technologies in IoT? You want to interact with the entire technology stack (from silicone to cloud)?
If you want to help build a distributed power generation network, come join the Clean Energy Team in our mission to accelerate the adoption of renewable energy and create a more intelligent home!
Neurio, a subsidiary of Generac Power Systems, is seeking a Senior Cloud Engineer. We are actively working to reduce global carbon emissions through the manufacturing and sale of renewable power backup systems. We are seeking engineers looking to apply their technology skills to creation of cloud services that support this mission.
Do you want to contribute technologically to the reduction of worldwide carbon emissions?
Our company has recently experience explosive growth from its start-up origin and we need to aggressively scale up our technology while continuing to drive innovation of consumer power electronics. We are growing extremely fast and looking to build strong brand recognition as the go-to home battery backup system with installers, homeowners, and grid operators by building reliable, robust, IoT systems with featureful cloud services.
What will you do?
You will contribute to the building, testing, deployment, and operation of cloud native applications that support more sophisticate use for our energy solar and storage products. In addition to this new development, you will help to streamline our existing services and manage cloud services for the operation of our IoT fleet growth.
Successful candidates will have strong engineering skills and communication, as well as a belief that data driven processes lead to great products. You will need to have a passion for quality and an ability to understand complex systems.
Above all you should be passionate about solving real world problems and bringing value to the applications you create.
Develop and maintain API endpoints to enable partner, user-facing, and internal monitoring and control applications
Harden existing IoT network and micro services to meet growing customer demand while maintaining legacy compatibility
Provided architecture and design expertise for developing new services that are flexible and extensible enough to fill future technical requirements
Develop communications technologies for interfacing with utility grid operators
Able to effectively prioritize the demands for tight deliverable deadlines and high-quality thresholds on software projects
Work with firmware engineers and technical support to design system features
Strives to build a culture around excellence in engineering and continuous improvement
What will you be required to have?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of Production Experience with Golang or Java
- 3+ years of Experience with various AWS services (EC2, S3, Lambda, Kinesis, EMR,
- Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems for commercial online services
- Strong knowledge of SQL and NoSQL data stores
- Proficient in CI/CD tools and processes
- Adept in building microservices and developing REST APIs
- Ability to lead projects from inception to production
What else will you need to be successful?
- Experience with the following tools and technologies is beneficial: Docker, Kubernetes and Python
- Background in Electrical Engineering
- Strong communication skills and commitment to teamwork
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Proven leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices
Why work for us?
- Comprehensive medical benefits
- Employer RRSP contribution matching
- Unlimited vacation (and we genuinely encourage you to use it)
- Work-from-home flexibility
- Spacious new office in the heart of downtown Vancouver
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”
Job Type: Full-time