Job descriptionLocation: Mississauga, ON
Date Posted: 8/31/2022
Job Number: JO-2208-1520
Reports to: Warehouse and Distribution Manager, Supply Chain
Department: Supply Chain
This is a Permanent Full - Time Position
This is an important overarching role in the Warehouse and Distribution team which covers both locations. As the Sampler/Receiver you will be responsible for all the warehousing activities, including: the first touch of inbounds, material sampling and finally order preparation and outbound shipping to meet all of our stakeholders’ requirements. You will be responsible for providing day to day Production support and maintain accurate inventories throughout. You will work closely with the Planning team to ensure timely order preparation and outbound shipping meeting our external customers date requirement.
- All incoming materials and goods to be received, sampled, and stored by following the provided SOP instructions. (Including Bulk Tank Farm items and Dangerous goods).
- Warehouse materials as appropriate. Controlling and maintaining inventories through the cycle counting program and escalate any discrepancies.
- Ensure Production areas have all materials transferred in advance using the production schedule and current BOM’s This also includes the entire sites parcel deliveries. Also responsible to remove production waste and transfer to the waste management area.
- Prepare and ship all outbound shipments in a timely basis to ensure adherence to the customer’s order book and in accordance with instructions using the TTS and CSA’s.
- Execute write off and requisitions in a timely manner as required.
- Ensure all facilities and processes are audit ready and all training is up to date and current.
- Participate and support the site EHS, Quality and OE by participating in the ZAP, ZDP and ZWP programs.
- Trained to handle and ship Dangerous Goods and follow the C-TPAT requirements.
- Certified and trained to operate of all material handling equipment safely. (Including Drexel’s which are a swing mast unit).
- Escalate any safety and quality items urgently.
Experience and Skills:
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Good problem-solving skills to drive to root cause.
- Ability to collaborate and build relationships.
- Sound judgment when making decisions.
- Licensed to operate different types of material handling equipment safely.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and SAP (M-ERP).
- Experience with Good Manufacturing Practices, GxP and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Two years of Raw Material and Component Sampling.
- Required: College Graduate.
- Preferred: College/University Graduate.
- Rotating shifts.
- Ability to lift-up to 30 pounds.
- Use of PPE to prevent exposure to hazardous materials.
- Working at heights.
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
Cégep de Trois-Rivières Trois-Rivières, QC Today
agence de recouvrement tcr Remote Today