The Sales Associate is responsible for leading the selling efforts of CMI Solar’s services into their assigned residential markets. This is a hands-on position that involves extensive face-to-face interaction with existing customers and, especially, new customer prospects.
What you will do in the role:
· Convert leads into deliverable opportunities.
· Support the branch operations team on new customer acquisition in the assigned region.
· Develop relationships with new/existing customers alongside, manufacturers, suppliers, contractors, and consultants/engineers.
· Seek out opportunities to align with our “Solar Solution” look for cross selling opportunities.
· Lead sales calls/presentations
· Manage assigned customer needs and issues, look to grow broader, wider, deeper.
· Support the operations as needed in maintaining current customer relationships.
· Represent the company at tradeshows and industry events.
· Full integration with the functional groups (Marketing, Inside Sales, Sales Ops) to support lead development and other special projects/campaigns.
· Enter all activities and opportunities into the CRM.
· Through the CRM grow and maintain a healthy pipeline.
· Collaborate with operations and leadership teams in strategic planning for both the short and long term.
· Regular communication with the operations, regional leadership and senior leadership team on the territory and their efforts to convert business.
· Other tasks as required.
Do you have the Drive? Here’s what we’re looking for:
· 1 or more years in a similar role focused on new business acquisition and growth.
· Knowledge of Solar, EV is an asset.
· Experience in the residential market is an asset.
· Strong communicator written and verbal.
· A demonstrated ability to meet and exceed defined KPI’s in a matrix-oriented sales environment.
· A strong hunter mentality who is proactive and eager.
· Proficiency in using a CRM as well as Microsoft Office.
· Valid license is an asset.
· Organized, detail-oriented, and able to work independently and creatively
· Able to respond effectively to multiple priorities and execute in a fast-paced work environment
Who is CMI Solar?
We do much more that solar installations. We are your one-stop shop for all thins ‘energy’. From setting-up your EV charger that feeds form the sun, to heating and cooling your home with solar power, we do it all.
- We provide end-to-end installation from contracting, engineering, warehousing operations, maintenance services, and energy sustainability solutions to the residential, industrial, commercial, utility, and renewable asset markets.
- We have operations across North America.
What we offer our employees:
- Diverse and exciting residential customer base
- Continuous training and skills improvement
- Numerous career advancement opportunities
- Competitive base salary plus commission plan – 110,000K pkg
- Excellent benefits
- 8-hour shift - Afternoon and possibly some weekends
- Location – GTA with ability to travel to HQ in Mississauga if required.
- ….and much more
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00-$100,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Commission pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- GTA, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- sales: 1 year (preferred)