IMMEDIATE OPENINGS!!! FULL TIME + OVERTIME, IMMEDIATE BENEFITS, JOB SECURITY
Purpose of Role
Roll Off Drivers are responsible for servicing customers with the hauling of waste or construction debris to a disposal site. Drivers will deliver, remove and haul roll off containers to/from customer’s sites. This position may require driving in congested and/or confined areas. This position will be required to enter/exit the truck several times per day. Drivers may also be required to climb to hook/unhook containers, move items to smooth the load, and to secure tarps.
Competitive wages, benefits and career advancement opportunities!
- Operate truck in a safe manner in compliance with all local, provincial and federal regulations and company policies and procedures.
- Provide roll off delivery and removal services to customers on assigned route(s) or by work order.
- Maintain and update route sheets. Accuracy and diligence in completion of document.
- Conduct pre-trip/post trip inspections and complete logs and maintain and update drivers log sheets.
- Professional interaction with internal and external customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read and understand a map.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends and/or holidays.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Good written and verbal communication skills to be able to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
- Minimum 3 years DZ truck driving experience preferred.
- Waste industry experience, a plus.
- General knowledge of mechanics of trucks.
- Legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Must have at least a valid Class DZ.
- Must successfully complete pre-employment testing.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job (prolonged physical exertions, including but not limited to: sitting, reaching, pushing, pulling, climbing and lifting).
- Additional skills may be required to perform additional task(s) specific to work location, department or line of business.
Why work with York1?
Our employees play an important role in helping us achieve our mission of providing exceptional service and innovative solutions through our infrastructure and environmental services to some of the largest commercial and residential projects across the GTA and Southern Ontario. They are foundation to our success and represent our greatest strength. We focus on investing in our employees through career development programs, training and internal opportunities and advancement. Right here and right now, we are building a culture of success that you can be apart of!
York1 supports diversity, equity and workplace free form harassment and discrimination. We are committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection, and/or assessment process please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. We would like to thank everyone who applies, however only those applicants who are most qualified will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- GTA, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- DZ Licence (required)