About Clearpath Robotics Inc.
Clearpath Robotics Inc. develops the future of robotics technology through development and sale of industry-leading self-driving technology, products, and services to over 500 of the world’s most innovative brands. Proprietary hardware, software, and services are delivered through the company’s research and industrial divisions: Clearpath Robotics and OTTO™ Motors. Clearpath Robotics Inc. is an award-winning company with recent awards including Robotics Business Review Top 50 Robotics Company, Edison Award for Innovation, Business Insider Top 40 under 40, and Canada’s Top 100 Employers.
About the Job:
We are currently selling more robots than we can build! We require a handy individual to take charge of assembling a variety of different platforms and ensuring that we perpetually strive for a higher level of quality. We need a Robot Builder to take responsibility in assembling our core products along with their accessories.
You will contribute to a team dedicated to seeing a robotic platform from start to finish. Additionally, when you are not wrenchin’ down screws, you will be tasked with maintaining the organization and cleanliness of the production area.
This position requires the worker to be on site for the full daily shift. There is no opportunity to work from home.
Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Electromechanical Assembly of robotic platforms
- Use of hand tools
- Use of hoisting equipment
- Cable installation and wire routing
- Rotating throughout different assembly stations to achieve cross-training among team members
- Ensuring your workspace follows 5S guidelines
- Using a computer for work instructions via VKS system
- Production area maintenance
- Production equipment maintenance
- Other duties as assigned
You want to work for a small company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied doing a job less than 100%. You want to be surrounded by people like you; creative, fun-loving, and passionate about their work. You are motivated by making an impact on your workplace and you thrive on challenging and rewarding problems.
- Experience working on manual product assembly
- Wiring or cable installation experience preferred
- Hands-on experience with common tools, eg, screwdriver, hammer, and electric drills.
- Practical knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel and GSuite
- Able to work the Day shift Hours 7am - 3pm Monday to Friday
- Positive and professional attitude with safety mindset
- Proven ability to work independently
- Experience working with ERP systems is an asset.
- Ability to follow written assembly work instructions in English
- Comfortable with abrupt changes to project deadlines.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs comfortably
Bonus points for:
- Hobbies that involve working with power tools, woodworking for instance
- Hobbies that involve assembly with hand tools, car maintenance for instance
- Lean manufacturing experience
- Continuous Improvement Process
- 5S methodology
- Previously being part of a Health & Safety Committee
What’s in it for you:
- Work life balance - vacation, flexible long weekends, half-day birthdays and wellness days
- Competitive salary and career growth opportunities
- Comprehensive benefits for you and your family to support your health and wellness
- Corporate discounts and Group Insurance (home and auto)
- Free snacks to keep you energized during the shift!
- Cool company events such as BBQs and other celebrations including occasional food trucks at the facilities
- Growth opportunities
- Friendly and fun co-workers!
At Clearpath, we are committed to building and supporting a culture of diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We hire the best talent regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and expression. If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process, please contact 1-800-301-3863.
Job Type: Full-time