Job descriptionWe’re building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what’s right for our clients. At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions, so you are empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and are truly valued for who they are and what they contribute. To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com Job Description CIBC Asset Management Inc., is one of Canada's largest asset management firms with over $120 billion in assets under management. We are leaders in providing a broad range of high-quality global investment management solutions to retail and institutional clients.
Our assets include those under institutional money management for pension funds, endowments and insurance funds, private wealth management, and those that are part of the CIBC family of mutual funds such as CIBC Mutual Funds and Renaissance Investments family of funds and the CIBC family of managed portfolio solutions such as Managed Portfolio Services (MPS), Personal Portfolio Services (PPS), Renaissance Private Pools, and Axiom Portfolios. CIBC Asset Management is part of the CIBC Wealth Management group.
At CIBC Asset Management, our goal is to help our clients achieve what matters to them. Our philosophy is based on the CIBC values of Trust, Teamwork, and Accountability and we achieve results for our clients through an in-depth disciplined investing approach based on rigor and research. What you’ll be doing The Research Analyst, Performance Reporting & Beta Research is accountable for a wide range of reporting solutions across CIBC Asset Management (CAM). Responsibilities include the publication of performance and portfolio attribution reporting to communicate investment performance to our partners in Products and Marketing, Sales, the Product Committee, the President of CIBC Asset Management and the Senior Executive Vice-President, Wealth Management. The incumbent may also be involved with a variety of projects that will expose them to various research areas such as portfolio construction, asset allocation and quantitative analysis. This position is part of the Investment Management Research (IMR) group that is responsible for developing innovative and practical research around CAM products. Research is typically related to portfolio construction, asset allocation and quantitative analysis. This analysis will regularly form the basis of reporting packages and thought leadership papers prepared by IMR. Team research is also used to determine the appropriate asset mix for multi asset class investment products. The group is responsible for preparing performance, portfolio attribution and portfolio construction reports and for conducting quantitative analysis to support potential systematic investing initiatives. How you’ll succeed
- Support the team in providing reporting solutions to internal and external partners. Assist reporting analysts with quantitative support in meeting the following deliverables: Maintain a database of economic, market, performance and portfolio data. Production of monthly and quarterly performance reports for fund/pool fact sheet production and corresponding benchmark index data. Creation of monthly oversight reports including the IMR Performance Watch List and the ICS Performance Dispersion Report. Production and publication of the Global Markets Compass report.
- Provide analytical support. Deliver data, statistical reports, investment analytics and quantitative analysis to internal and external partners. Develop and update financial models and applications to support CAM products (Portfolio Analyzer and Portfolio Builder). Prepare and present market trends and performance reports for the investment advisory committee and weekly investment meeting.
- You have a degree/diploma in finance, economics, engineering or other complementary business discipline
- You’re a certified professional. CFA designation or enrolment in the CFA program is an asset
- You can demonstrate experience in Excel, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Morningstar, VBA. Experience in handling large data sets and building macro-based spreadsheets. Prior experience related to Mutual Funds, Managed Portfolio solutions and other retail investment products is an advantage
- You understand that success is in the details. You notice things that others don't. Your critical thinking skills help to inform your decision making.
- You give meaning to data. You enjoy investigating complex problems, and making sense of information. You're confident in your ability to communicate detailed information in an impactful way.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values – trust, teamwork and accountability.
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
- At CIBC we enable the work environment most optimal for you to thrive in your role. Details on your work arrangement (proportion of on-site and remote work) will be discussed at the time of your interview.
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation, please contact [email protected]
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit.
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
Banff Norquay Banff, AB Today
Ausenco Vancouver, BC Today