Jack Nathan Health® is one of Canada’s largest health care networks. As a leading and innovative health care company, Jack Nathan Health® is improving access for millions of patients by co-locating physician and ancillary medical services conveniently located inside Walmart® stores.
As a part of the Jack Nathan Rehab team, the RMT is responsible for providing exceptional massage therapy care to patients and ensuring the highest level of service. We are looking for an individual who is self-motivated, organized and caring so we can forge for a long-term partnership with exceptional growth potential.
- Completes patient assessments, recommending and implementing treatment plans while providing exceptional patient care and therapeutic intervention based on clinical assessments, data, etc.
- Confers with clients about their medical histories and determines what treatments would be helpful, can fine-tune treatment plans to achieve best results for their patients.
- Assess patients by conducting range of motion and muscular testing and propose effective treatments.
- Diagnose physical ailments, muscular disorders, and injuries of patients, best course of treatment
- Administer massage therapy techniques through soft tissue manipulation, relaxation techniques, trigger point therapy, and lower grade mobilizations.
- Advise patients health and lifestyle benefits to aid in their treatment such as at-home exercises, stretching, etc. Provide at-home techniques.
- Consults with other health care professionals such as physiotherapists, chiropractors, physicians, and psychologists to develop treatment plans for patients.
- Develops strong relationships with patients by understanding needs; successfully impacts patient loyalty and follow-up appointments.
- Is proactive at building a successful Massage Therapy business within the clinic where patients are both acquired and retained.
- Maintains treatment, patient records, charts and EMR’s
- Refers clients to other in-house Medical + Wellness staff when necessary
- Models the Jack Nathan Health® brand, values, and lifestyle while always maintaining a professional image; sets high standards for self-based upon competency model; builds an effective network within the company, across all clinics, and in local markets.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Builds patient confidence, is committed to increasing patient satisfaction, sets achievable patients’ expectations, assumes responsibility for solving patient problems, ensures commitments to patients are met, solicits opinions and ideas from patients, responds to internal patients.
Targets and achieves results, sets challenging goals, prioritizes tasks, overcomes obstacles, accepts accountability, sets team standards and responsibilities, provides leadership/motivation.
Has good listening skills, works collaboratively with other team members, builds strong relationships, is flexible/open-minded, negotiates effectively, solicits performance feedback, and handles constructive criticism.
Understands duties and responsibilities, has necessary job knowledge, keeps job knowledge current, is in command of critical issues. has necessary technical skills, understands company mission/values, follows the Jack Nathan Health® policies, procedures, and COVID-19 protocols. Is detail orientated when filling out patient records, charting and EMR’s.
Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, actively listens to others, speaks respectively with team members, patients or others within the clinic setting.
1. Must be a licensed and registered massage therapist under the Massage Therapists Association of Alberta with current professional liability insurance.
2. Excellent patient service skills and the ability to demonstrate empathy with clients/patients
3. Ability to work as part of a team
4. Ability to work a variety of shifts (Days/Evenings/Weekends)
Effective November 15, 2021, all Jack Nathan Function Health employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Full vaccination occurs 14 days following the second dose of a Health Canada approved vaccine.
Job Type: Part-time
- On-site parking
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
Supplemental pay types:
- Commission pay
Work Location: One location