Property Services Administrative Associate
Program and Site Location: Property Services, 260 6th Street
Reports To: Director of Property Services and Asset Management
Term Permanent Full-Time (37.5 hours per week)
Hours: Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm with ½ hour paid break
Wage Range: Commensurate based on education and related experience.
The ASK Wellness Society is an Accredited not-for-profit organization. Through the generous support of funders, we assist those who are marginalized and at-risk to strengthen the communities we serve (Kamloops, Merritt, and Penticton). We provide housing and support to those who are facing homelessness/at risk of homelessness and support those who may use substances, mental health challenges, harm reduction, health education and ultimately provide the skills to re-enter the workforce.
What We Offer:
- Competitive benefits including but not limited to dental, vision, physiotherapy, massage, and fertility upon eligibility
- Municipal Pension Plan upon eligibility
- On-site training and development opportunities such as Violence Prevention, Cultural Awareness and 2SLGBTQ+ training
- A culture of equality, inclusion, and diversity including paid cultural sensitivity days
- Accidental death insurance and Wellness plan benefit
- Vacation entitlements for Part-Time and Full-Time employees
Position Summary: The Property Services Administrative Associate will work closely with the Director of Property Services and Asset Management to develop strong relationships while ensuring organization, consistency and that policies and procedures are being followed. This position is an integral part of a busy and dynamic Non-Profit Society. In this role, you will be expected to exercise sound judgment and independence while managing the day-to-day related administration and activities.
Typical Duties Include:
- Reviews, prepares contracts/liaises with commercial lease tenants.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by overseeing rent/ program fee collection, forecasting requirements, liaising between the Finance Department and Site Coordinators, analyzing variances, recommending and initiating corrective action.
- Works with the Coordinator of Property Maintenance and Cleaning to ensure all properties are well maintained and managed in accordance with approved capital budget and applicable governing body regulations.
- Ensures compliance with Rental Tenancy Act for market rental inventories.
- Prepares for and represent the Society for rental arbitration hearings when requested.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing data and trends.
- Tender maintenance contracts and manage all service contractors in coordination with the Coordinator of Property Maintenance and Cleaning.
- Monitors service agreement expiries and executes new contracts in coordination with the Coordinator of Property Maintenance and Cleaning.
- Updates participant/tenant information in Property Services Software (Arcori).
- Organizes and schedules appointment/bookings with contractors, vendors and tenants.
- Prepares spreadsheets and develops a strategy to maintain office procedures.
- Coordinate liaison activities with other departments within the Society.
- Establishes department protocols in compliance with the Council of Accreditation requirements
- Implements strategies to communicate department policies and procedures to program coordinators
- Assists team with required verbal and written reports, case notes, letters, memoranda, and year end reports.
- When requested, be a member of the Society’s Performance and Quality Improvement (PQI) team.
- Ensure compliance with all Society policies and procedures.
- Other duties which may or may not be outlined within this job description.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Post-secondary Diploma or Certificate in Office Administration an asset.
- Three years or more Property Management an asset.
- Two years of Bookkeeping/Accounting/Account Reconciliation an asset.
- Solid knowledge of building structures and building maintenance an asset.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, which includes Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent communication, writing, documentation, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work as an effective member of an integrated fast paced administrative team.
- Ability to work unsupervised to achieve objectives within specifically negotiated timelines.
- Ability to handle multiple, simultaneous, and detailed tasks effectively and efficiently.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information.
- Must pass an acceptable criminal record check for the vulnerable sector.
- Readiness to complete in-house online training within the first month of employment.
- It is noted that this is a pet friendly environment.
How to apply: Please submit your application with a detailed cover letter and resume with the reference “PS Administrative Associate” no later than 8:00am on October 11, 2022. Interviews set to take place on October 14, 2022. You may also apply directly online at https://askwellness.ca/careers/
The ASK Wellness Society offers assistance from an Employment Advisor.
If you self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, Métis, or Inuit) and/or would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, we encourage you to contact us, and you will be redirected to our Employment Advisor.
The ASK Wellness Society is dedicated to promoting diversity/multiculturalism with inclusion as one of our Core Values. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $1,234.00-$5,678.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Effective November 1, 2021, the Society requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by Health Canada). Full vaccination will be required before commencing employment with the Society unless a legal exemption is obtained.
Application deadline: 2022-10-11