FRPD is an award-winning, forward-thinking organization that is focused on continual improvement. Employees of FRPD are expected to represent the company internally and externally in a professional manner that enhances the reputation of the company and reinforces its values. Project Managers lead project teams responsible for estimating, preparing, scheduling, coordinating, executing, and monitoring FRPD’s projects. A Project Manager is responsible to develop and implement contracting strategies, and commercial and execution approach for projects including negotiating and managing project contracts and ensuring sound commercial management from initial strategy, procurement, execution, and management of sub-contractors. Project Managers represent the company to external stakeholders in a professional manner, one that reflects the value and integrity of the company and enhances FRPD’s position.
- Directly accountable for all aspects of project performance, including resource planning, commercial and contractual adherence, HSEQ, client management, and legislative and regulatory compliance
- Communicate and provide direction to all employees assigned to the pursuit or project execution
- Develop strong working relationships across the organization including our unionized labor force, Managers, and Superintendents.
- Strictly adhere to and enforce FRPD’s Health & Safety, Environment, and Quality program including the continuous improvement aspects. This includes but is not limited to
- Following FRPD’s Integrated Management System (IMS)
- Leading the preparation of work method statements, procedures, safe work plans, and hazard assessments required for the safe execution of the work
- Participating in and ensuring daily Safety Communication meetings are conducted and site inspections are carried out and submitted as per the IMS requirements
- Oversee and ensure all Health & Safety, Environmental, and Quality requirements/inspections are met on site
- Ensure all work is completed in compliance with all regulatory and legislative requirements
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with FRPD policies and procedures.
- Submit requests and ensure all permits and all permissions are in place prior to the work commencing, including but not limited to environmental and dredging permits, and/or communication plans, etc.
- Ensure that required material suppliers and/or sub-contractors are provided with ample time and knowledge of the work that is to be completed
- Approve all project material and resource requirements via invoices and/or time sheets
- Prepare project-related client invoices and provide supporting documentation where required.
- Prepare and manage ongoing project costing to support budgets & forecasting
- Lead estimates and manage the execution with sufficient materials, equipment, and resources to meet the client’s requirements, including contractual terms and conditions, technical specifications, and regulatory requirements. These estimates will support the efficient, safe, and environmentally sound execution of the work to a high standard of quality.
- Manage execution of work that may include multi-tasking between a number of projects ongoing at the same time in different geographical locations
- Ensure all permits and permissions are in place prior to the work commencing, including but not limited to environmental permits, and/or communication plans
- Negotiate pricing on required project materials
- Prepare of look ahead schedules and project schedules to meet client needs
- Manage the Project Superintendent(s) or Foreperson(s) activities for the smooth and efficient delivery of the project.
- Protect the Company’s contractual position in the execution of our projects and management contractual changes in a proactive manner that adheres to the requirement of the contract.
Education and Experience
- Diploma in Civil Technology or Degree in Civil Engineering
- 7+ years related construction experience with at least 5 working directly in project management or similar role
- Direct knowledge and experience in marine construction, drilling, pile driving, and/or clamshell operations
- Eligible for AScT or P.Eng registration in the province of B.C.
Skills, Knowledge, and Required Competencies
- Ability to read and interpret design drawings and specifications
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, Adobe, AutoCAD, Civil 3D)
- Knowledge and ability to plan and supervise site survey work
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic, multi-tasking, and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to recognize discrepancies
- Creative, highly motivated with superior organizational skills, results orientated and committed to team success.
- Ability to travel as required by project, extensive and prolonged travel is expected at times including out-of-town project work that could extend from a week to multiple months.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Bonus pay
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- British Columbia: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Do you have direct knowledge and experience in marine construction, drilling, pile driving, and/or clamshell operations?
- Project management: 7 years (required)