JOIN OUR TEAM
"Cascade Aerospace is one of Canada's leading specialty aerospace and defence contractors - a place where we do cool things for great customers!" We invite you to consider a career with us - come, experience our creative, innovative, and performance-based company!
The Project Engineer participates in the design of Cascade Aerospace’s repairs, modifications & project developments, assists in the development of engineering data packages, applies principles of project management in performing duties & provides engineering support.
This position will require immediate Controlled Goods security clearance, therefore only Canadian Citizens and or Permanent Residents will be considered at this time.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
1) Strive to consistently act in a manner in which reflects Cascade Aerospace’s culture and values.
- Complete work on time, and in the highest attainable quality.
- Treat customers and co-workers with sensitivity and respect.
- Assist internal and external customers in fulfilling their responsibilities.
- Enhance existing skills and develop new skills through continuous learning.
2) Participate in the design of Cascade Aerospace’s repairs, modifications and project developments in accordance with the Design Approval Procedure’s Manual (DAPM) and other departmental procedures and standards.
- Aid in evaluating data presented and acquire additional data in order to develop required design solutions.
- Ensure designs consider the requirements of the customer, certification authority, and other project constraints.
- Research and evaluate specifications, vendor products, and outside services to establish design and certifications compliant with all requirements.
3) Assist in the development of engineering data packages to support airworthiness certification and other department’s purposes.
- Prepare engineering reports, drawings, and other documents for review and approval.
4) Apply principles of project management in performing engineering activities.
- Work with Cascade personnel to support definitions of the project scope, cost and schedule estimates, and quality requirements.
- Participate in the development of logical breakdown of projects to support effective estimates and project resources management and performance tracking.
- Monitor project performance against accepted budgets for engineering.
- Mange sub-contractors and suppliers for a given project
- Liaise with project stakeholders in order to complete the project effectively.
5) Participate in the administrative activities of the engineering department.
- Follow established administrative practices and procedures in the operation of the department.
6) Be familiar with and ensure that all conduct is in accordance with Cascade Aerospace’s Human Resources safety and security policies and procedures.
7) Perform other duties as required.
- Excellent business communication skills: verbal and written
- Strong Customer Service focus
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficiency with MS Office software
- Ability to work flexible hours when needed to meet demanding deadlines.
- A willingness to learn.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree/Certificate in Project Management or equivalent experience
- Diploma in Electrical/Instrumentation/Mechatronic/Avionics
- Technology, or equivalent experience.
- Project Management experience an asset.
- 0-5 years of experience in engineering product design, analysis, and airworthiness certification related to aeronautical product developments and aircraft modification an asset
REASONS TO APPLY
- Employee retention and engagement is important to Cascade, we value our employees;
- Competitive salary, Extended benefits, and Employee Resilience Program (all 100% paid by Cascade) are offered after 3 months employment;
- Pension matching of 3% offered after 6 months employment;
- 2 weeks paid vacation;
- ATO (approved training organization) provides Endorsement (type) training & development;
- Company-wide social events and family functions throughout the year;
- Relocation Package available for qualifying candidates
Cascade Aerospace Inc. is a dynamic, privately-held Canadian specialty aerospace and defence contractor focused on providing long-term integrated aircraft support programs for Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), military, government and commercial customers.
All employees are encouraged to realize their true potential and play an active role in fostering an environment of safety, quality, customer satisfaction and continuous improvement. We are a diverse organization that strives to be respectful and inclusive of everyone and to treat employees fairly and equally.
At Cascade Aerospace we strongly believe in the value of teaming - with our employees, our customers, our suppliers, and our communities. It is by "Teaming with the best" and working collaboratively with our many partners that we are able to offer custom-tailored solutions for each customer's unique requirements. Our value proposition is that we build enduring customer relationships, and our strategic focus is customer satisfaction. It is a driver in all our decisions.
Cascade Aerospace is committed to the principle of Employment Equity. Creating an environment where diverse perspectives are valued begins with self-declaration. Count yourself in and self-declare by identifying which employment equity group(s) you belong to. In order to self-declare, please ensure to indicate this in your application, cover letter, or resume.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- This position requires Controlled Goods clearance immediately upon hire. What is your work status? (Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or Require Sponsorship to work in Canada)
- What are your wage expectations?
- DCS / DEC (preferred)
- Project Management: 1 year (preferred)
- engineering product design & analysis: 1 year (preferred)