* Completed Post-secondary education from a recognized institution related to the construction field
* Five years experience in the facilitation and coordination of construction/renovation projects with the full range of construction and consultant specialties, with special emphasis in civil, mechanical and electrical systems
* Documented history of continuing education related to the construction and capital planning processes
* Other combinations of education and experience may be considered
* Proficiency with the utilization of various Canadian Construction Documents Committee (CCDC) contracts, specifically CCDC 2, CCDC 5a and 5b and CCDC 14
* Experience and training related to the current CSA Z8000 and CSA Z317.13 Guidelines
* Required proficiency with the Microsoft suite of office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint)
* Required proficiency with Microsoft Projects
* Demonstrated working knowledge of AutoCAD
* Province of Manitoba Class 5 Drivers License and access to a personal vehicle to provide service within the Prairie Mountain Health
* Demonstrated Working knowledge of design document and specification interpretation, change directive process, as built drawing process, and operation and maintenance manual process as it relates to electrical, mechanical, architectural and structural systems
* Demonstrated experience in initiating changes and improvements, including skills in workplace re-engineering within a Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) environment
* A thorough knowledge of occupational hazards, safety precautions and regulations applicable to construction sites
* System/building commissioning experience
* Demonstrated leadership and supervisory ability
* Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
* Demonstrated experience in employee and labour relations
* Ability to prioritize in a changing environment
* Sensitivity to the human and political dynamics of health care management
* Strong organizational, decision making and problem solving skills
* Demonstrated ability to develop Policy and Procedures
* Ability to display independent judgment
* Ability to respect and promote a culturally diverse population
* Ability to respect and promote confidentiality
* Ability to perform the duties of the position on a regular basis
Coordination of the building construction procurement process and assistance in the execution of the varied functions, specifically civil, mechanical and electrical building systems, assigned to the Capital Planning Services Department.
All listed functions are representative of the evolving capital planning process. Each phase of the process requires changing levels of coordination and management and is project specific. The role is critical to the development and successful execution of all capital projects of a minor or major nature.
Involvement throughout the various phases of the capital planning process includes functional and architectural programming, schematics, design development and construction documentation review, operational/occupancy planning, equipment selection/coordination, coordination/implementation and monitoring of physical construction techniques and documentation processes for Capital Planning Services.
Participates in the development of functional and architectural programs for assigned projects.
Participates in the process of preparing data for and reviewing feasibility studies, schematics, construction documents, equipment lists and associated data for assigned projects.
Assists in the monitoring of construction budgets for approved projects.
Travels to various PMH sites in the performance of the duties required of the Coordinator.
Leads the review, along with the various design consultants, trades persons and user groups; of architectural, electrical, mechanical and structural presentations and specifications as they relate to the various phases of construction consultation.
Develops schedule of accommodations, temporary and permanent, of services and programs throughout the various phases of renovation.
Coordinates the development of occupation and construction schedules for redevelopment projects.
Initiates contracts, supervises, monitors and acts as the owner’s representative as necessary, in the inspection, verification, recording and reporting on the daily progress of major and minor construction/renovation projects to ensure that proper construction materials are being installed and the work completed as specified.
Ensures the full dissemination of all project correspondence such as Requests For Information, Inspection Reports, Immediate Field Authorizations, Proposed Change Notices and Change Orders.
Coordinates and executes necessary field decisions.
Participates in the preparation of (in conjunction with the Manager of Maintenance, and others as necessary) cost estimates relating to internal renovation projects throughout the region.
Assures that effective communication and harmonious relationships exist with the various disciplines throughout the organization, participates in community activities as required and attends meetings as they relate to Capital planning activities.
Participates in the ongoing Capital Asset Process, Safety and Security Project Process and Capital Project Process.
Informs and updates the Manager of Capital Planning Services, on a regular basis, on the status and all matters pertaining to the assigned projects.
Represents, as required, the Manager of Capital Planning Services in his/her absence.
Please apply for this position by visitng the website at: www.prairiemountainhealth.ca, click on Careers!
Applications submitted to the PMH website will be considered for this position.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,031.34-$88,865.94 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Brandon, MB R7A 2B3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
Work Location: One location