Service and Food Assembly Staff are responsible for providing friendly and efficient customer service by portioning, slicing, assembling, wrapping, weighing, and labelling prepared foods. Staff are also required to assist with department cleaning and food prep as needed.
- Provide excellent customer service while efficiently serving and assembling food orders.
- Assist in portioning, packaging, and labeling prepared food items.
- In order to adhere to food health and safety standards, maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Follows all designated departmental methods and policies and procedures including, but not limited to, safe food handling and organic compliance standards for food preparation, storage, serving and clean-up.
- Performs all other job-related duties as assigned by Food Service Managers and Supervisors.
- Attends all required Organic Compliance trainings and follows designated protocols
- In the event that compliance of organic standards procedures cannot be met, notifies
manager/supervisor or Standards Coordinator.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- 1 year experience with food prep and food service.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Multi-task during periods of high customer volumes
- Must be available evenings and weekends
The Big Carrot is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, let us know in advance and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Only those candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted for an interview.
Please note only those individuals legally entitled to work in Canada will be considered for employment with the Big Carrot.