Job descriptionCompany Description
At Farm Boy, it is our mission to create a fun, fresh experience for all! Whether you are a team member or a customer, Farm Boy is passionate about creating a unique fresh food shopping experience and ensuring that we deliver on our commitments.
As we continue to grow within Ontario, Farm Boy is excited to welcome new team members that share our passion for providing the best fresh shopping experience!
This position is responsible for contributing to the coordinated efforts of preparing and distributing products to our retail stores. The performance of the duties must align with all Food Safety standards, and ensure a quality service approach to all customers, employees and suppliers. All responsibilities must be performed in a manner consistent with the Farm Boy Way.
- Accurately picks orders using a scanner system and provides training to new employees on the scanning system.
- Provide superior customer service to internal and external customers.
- Perform daily inventory counts by warehouse break.
- Accurately assemble orders for delivery and ensure that orders have proper documentation and are stacked in proper order.
- Ensure that product is properly rotated to maintain quality and freshness.
- Maintain receiving equipment, receiving area, cooler and storage facilities in a safe, clean and organized fashion.
- Dispose of collected garbage immediately.
- Keep the work and storage areas clean and safe at all times and perform general housekeeping as required.
- Comply with all health and safety standards and procedures, especially as they relate to equipment use and customer safety.
- Perform janitorial duties as required.
- May be requested to undertake other related duties on a periodic basis.
- Warehouse experience considered an asset.
- Experience operating scanners and motorized equipment including Ride on pallet jacks, Walkie equipment and Order pickers.
- Ability to work from directives with little supervision.
- Good physical fitness.
- Superior standards of cleanliness.
- Must be flexible in regards to availability and scheduling.
- Superior time management and organizational skills with keen attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills.
- Fluency in both official languages shall be considered an asset.
Work & Sensory Environment:
- Unavoidable exposure to dangerous or unpleasant environmental elements such as noise, dirt, dust, vibration and extreme temperatures.
- Providing service to several people or departments, working under many simultaneous deadlines.
- May be required to wear cumbersome protective clothing or equipment.
- Required to lift, carry or handle heavy objects.
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities.