Bell Canada is looking for an experienced OpenShift Container Platform (OCP) developer to become a part of their growing team. The OCP developer will facilitate the adoption of the design and implementation of cloud-ready applications and deployment pipelines and migration of legacy applications on large-scale container platform clusters using Java, Node.js, Docker and Kubernetes.
The candidate need not have explicit OCP experience, but at a minimum be well versed in Kubernetes, microservices architecture and cloud architecture.
Key Responsibilities and Job Duties:
- Design automated, containerized cloud application platform solutions with a focus on application concerns, including cloud-ready distributed application architectures, migrating workloads to containers, containerized development workflows, and integrating container platforms with automated CI and CD pipelines.
- Provide mentoring to the developer community in the best practices associated with CI/CD deployments using Jenkins, Maven, and GIT.
- Assist in the design, build, management and operation of the continuous delivery framework and tools, and act as a subject matter expert on CI/CD for developer teams.
- Assist in the design, build, management and operation of the infrastructure as a service layer (hosted and cloud-based platforms) that supports the different platform services.
- Write and build continuous delivery pipelines to manage and automate the lifecycle of the different platform components.
Key Competencies and Experience:
- Candidates must have a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years of IT experience (or equivalent)
- Comprehensive understanding of cloud delivery models: PaaS, SaaS and IaaS.
- Exposure to containerization, the Docker project, Kubernetes, and OCP.
- Familiarity with continuous integration/deployment processes and tools such as IDEs (Eclipse), Source Code management. (GIT/Stash), Jenkins, Maven, Nexus artifacts, etc.
- Hands-on experience in building modern web applications using Java, Spring, Spring Boot, Python, RDBMS systems (Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server), Tomcat.
- Build automation, CI: CD and DevOps.
- Experience with Docker as a developer.
- Experience in cloud/virtual technologies and management - OpenStack, AWS, Azure, VMware, etc.
- Experience with building, deploying and managing applications and software on PaaS.
- Knowledge, skills and abilities to manage container image repositories in support of Linux Containers.
- Knowledge, skills and abilities to deploy OpenShift Container Platform in both public and private cloud.
- Knowledge, skills and abilities to engineer and automate application deployment via CI/CD Pipelines using industry best practices and open source software.
- Knowledge, skills and abilities to automate the creation of Platform as a Services (PaaS) infrastructure using industry standard tools such as Ansible and Chef.
Moerae Solutions Incorporated values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. MSi welcomes and encourages people with disabilities and is committed to ensuring equal access and participation for people with disabilities. We are committed to treating people with disabilities in a way that maintains dignity and independence. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment/selection process as a result of disability.
Job Type: Fixed term contract
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Toronto, ON