Job descriptionCompany Bio
Southlake is building healthy communities through outstanding care, innovative partnerships, and amazing people. We deliver a wide range of healthcare services to the communities of northern York Region and southern Simcoe County. Our advanced regional programs include Cancer Care and Cardiac Care and serve a broader population across the northern GTA and into Simcoe-Muskoka.
Our team of nearly 6,000 staff, physicians, volunteers, students and Patient and Family Advisors are committed to creating an environment where the best experiences happen. As a recognition of our commitment to quality and patient safety, we have received the highest distinction of Exemplary Standing from Accreditation Canada.
The Nurse Educator provides leadership, education, and clinical expertise in the support, orientation and competency based skills development of hospital staff. The Nurse Educator works collaboratively with the interprofessional program team in implementing evidence-based practices to achieve program objectives, in particular, in the development of clinical pathways or protocols. The Nurse Educator models clinical excellence and all core competencies. They will work to advance professional nursing practice and the practice of other professions as appropriate through leadership, learning and development, integration of research, education and best practice, critical thinking inquiry and analysis.
As a member of the interprofessional health care team, the Nurse Educator plays an important role in Southlake’s purpose of “Building healthy communities through outstanding care, innovative partnerships, and amazing people” by living the Southlake values and upholding the hospital Code of Conduct.
- Registered and in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing required
- Minimum three - five years recent and relevant clinical nursing experience required
- CC1/CC2 required
- Advanced knowledge and expertise with central venous access devices required
- Certificate in Adult Education principles or one to two years adult delivering adult training required
- Best Practice Spotlight Organization Champion designation or willingness to pursue within one month of hire date required
- Canadian Nurses Association certification (CNA) in related field or willingness to pursue within one year of hire date required
- ACLS and BCLS required
- Advanced knowledge of complex wound care preferred
- Gentle Persuasion Approach (GPA) de-escalation or equivalent related certification preferred
- Current/previous experience as a Clinical Nurse Educator in a health care organization preferred
- Masters in a healthcare related field preferred
- Completion of Patient Centered Care course or equivalent preferred
- ACLS Instructor preferred
- Current RNAO membership preferred
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Occupational Health and Safety department. Successful candidates will be required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination (two doses) from the Ontario Ministry of Health website or other authorized source directly to the Occupational Health and Safety department. In the event that you are unable to be vaccinated as a result of a ground protected under the Human Rights Code, you may submit a written explanation of the ground and any supporting documentation to determine if you are exempt from this requirement to the recruitment team. A recruitment representative may follow up with you for further information if necessary.
At Southlake, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve, including those with disabilities. Southlake is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
It is the responsibility of all Southlake employees to work in a safe manner and promote health and safety in the workplace.
- Develops, implements and evaluates ongoing educational programs for staff and plans appropriate program delivery
- Leads the development, implementation and evaluation of clinical pathways and patient care guidelines as it relates to the episodes of care within the clinical area
- Assesses learning needs of staff and supports them to meet learning goals
- Develops, implements and evaluates evidence based practice activities and educational information for clinical staff
- Monitors nursing and health care trends/issues and collaborates to integrate relevant information into education activities and responsibilities
- Plans, implements and evaluates evidence based outcome oriented changes in clinical practices and care delivery processes. These changes will evolve from the continuous improvement and work redesign initiatives and the restructuring of practice and services
- Co-ordinates, implements and evaluates content and process of patient teaching programs as they relate to the clinical area
- Participates with other educators and professional practice facilitators in development and delivery of corporate clinical educational programs
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
Axis Auto Finance Etobicoke, ON Today
International Air Transport Association (IATA) Montréal, QC Today
Couche-Tard Laval, QC Today