InnovOak School is GROWING
InnovOak School is Kitchener-Waterloo's newest private school. As an education start-up, we pride ourselves on providing a strong academic program that will give students the tools and skills they need to succeed, graduate, and be remarkable in all areas of adult life. We use our experience in elementary and secondary education to create a traditional school setting that manages and adapts nimbly to a changing future.
Our school is run by a Ontario certified principal with 30 years of experience in both private and public schools from JK-12.
We are physically located in Kitchener Ontario
InnovOak is a Ministry Inspected Private School for Grades JK-12 and we grant an OSSD and our own ISHGD
Frustrated with how the teaching profession has changed, going from one new idea to another with no time to implement anything? Looking to return to sound teaching practices that you know work? Looking to spend more time teaching, mentoring, and engaging with students who are eager to learn? Want to provide a more nurturing, engaging and quality program but are being held back by your current role?
Maybe you just want to retire early, and look for a new opportunity or you are a recent Grad from Teacher's College, excited to start your career, put down roots and get into a classroom without having to do endless OT or LTO placements
Let's talk and see if you are our next preferred hire!!
We are launching our new lower and middle (elementary school) program in the Fall 2022.
We have multiple openings available from Grades 1-8 for dynamic teachers who fit our culture and teaching mindset. We are looking for passionate and personable teachers who will take the best parts of the Ontario Curriculum, add great teaching and learning strategies, then enhance it with new ideas (or even some innovative back to basics!). Your goal is to ensure that each learner is well prepared for the grades ahead. We want our students to achieve beyond the Ontario Curriculum, so enriched activities should be how you like to differentiate instruction!
We are looking for someone who loves to teach, has high standards, is creative, and passionate about making sure students are well prepared for their future.
- Understand, respect, and manage all aspects of child growth and development for students at the grade level taught (ages 11- 14 range)
- Develop perseverance, growth mindset, creativity, and a strong love of learning
- Bring passion and inspiration to learning and make it fun for students
- Create a dynamic, warm and nurturing classroom environment that supports student wellbeing and takes a personalized interest in each student's success
- Developing sound learning opportunities that develop the whole child, ensuring that activities are focused, and instruction that is based in sound teaching practices.
- Not afraid to reinvent the wheel, adapt, and take what works to make it current.
- Develop strong reading, writing, and numeracy skills based upon sound planning and engaging teaching delivery
- Use the best ideas from the Ontario Curriculum and approach teaching concepts or skill development with passion, and explicit teaching
- Being adaptable and flexible to manage daily learning with a small group of students, attending to their personal, social, and academic development
- Providing each student with one-to-one attention through mentoring, teaching, guiding, conferencing, check ins and support to ensure individualized learning;
- Meticulously completing all teacher administrative tasks including: daily lesson planning, taking and keeping attendance, completing timely provincial report cards and any other requirements as directed by the Principal;
- Upholding high personal standards of academic and instructional integrity within day-to-day teaching, assessments, and classroom management;
- Actively engage and participate in school wide organizational activities such as Student Let Conferences, Curriculum nights, staff teambuilding, curriculum development work etc
Prior Education, Skills and Experiences:
- An education related university degree;
- Must be able to teach in person in Kitchener Waterloo;
- Polished English language oral communication skills (Fluency in French for FSL);
- A Bachelor of Education preferred, (we will strongly consider preservice teacher candidates looking to begin their career with us);
- OCT registration preferred,
- AQ qualifications in the area of teaching a plus
- For those not currently in a Teacher's college in Canada, we require 1-2 years of professional teaching experience in a CANADIAN school;
- Ontario Elementary School experience (or teaching placements) a strong plus;
- Experience in writing Report Cards, Assessment and Evaluation policies,
- Experience with establishing a new classroom or program is a plus
- Our school day for the Fall of 2022 has not been finalized at this time, but the school day and year will align with other schools in the Kitchener Waterloo area to allow for parent working needs. We do not offer before or after school care, but this is something that we would consider if parent demand and staff availability warrants
- Our goal is to offer a full range of clubs, extra curriculars, and there will be opportunities to shape student life through arts, sports, and activities
- If you are not living in Canada at the time of application, please ensure you have Canadian teaching experience documented on your resume
- For the right candidate, the compensation package is negotiable, (including a student tuition discount)
We look forward to seeing your application package. Our system will guide you through the process. You may apply directly to this posting (and others) by visiting the following link https://innovoak.bamboohr.com/jobs/