Job descriptionJob Description:
NATURE AND SCOPE OF POSITION:
This position is directly involved in assisting the engineering team at the Prince George plant with their daily activities. The primary focus of the co-op will be plant reliability with an emphasis on safety, process improvements, documentation, and small project management. The position is open to current engineering students.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understanding, upholding, demonstrating and improving the Chemtrade safety culture
- Assisting maintenance in understanding pressure vessel inspections for the plant.
- Provides technical information to the engineering, operations and maintenance functions as requested.
- Assisting in initiating plant investigations related to proposed changes in the plant process.
- Inputting and re-organizing information with regards to the Computerized Maintenance Management System and the plant equipment files
- Establishing and sustaining process safety information
- Assisting with maintenance and CAPEX projects
- Assisting with ECP generation and revision
- Assisting with operation procedure generation and revision
- Assisting with JSA generation and revision
- Line labeling and equipment tagging
- Any other duties as assigned that are deemed to pose a minimum risk
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
Education: 2nd/ 3rd Year Mechanical Engineering Student Minimum GPA: 3.0 / 4.0 Technical Skills: Proficient in all areas of engineering, computers, and engineering programs as expected from a mechanical engineering student. Good organization and communication skills.
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
Axis Auto Finance Etobicoke, ON Today