NWI Precision is a leading solution provider of complex machined products, serving the Aerospace, Oil and Gas, Nuclear and Industrial sectors. Over the last half century, NWI Precision has expanded and updated our product mix to supply top-tier customers globally in a wide variety of industries. Our operating strategy targets niche markets in need of sophisticated manufacturing capabilities and our long-term relationships with our customers provide the foundation of our success.
We are seeking candidates who want to be challenged every day to meet design, technical, manufacturing and organizational requirements, who think out-of-the box and pride themselves with continuous improvement. You will be given the opportunity to make a difference, utilize and develop your skills and capabilities, work with other skilled professionals and play a vital role in the overall success of the organization.
Manufacturing Engineer Position Description:
The Manufacturing Engineer reports directly to the Manager, Engineering and is responsible for the development and management of efficient manufacturing processes for complex machined components in accordance with customer requirements. This includes the timely generation of process planning / routing sheets and tool design that supports production and adheres to the Quality Management System. Provides consultation and technical guidance to manufacturing.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create manufacturing processes for complex machined parts. These processes include turning, milling, mill-turn, grinding, heat treatment and coating of exotic alloys, high strength steels and aluminum.
- Interpret and understand customer requirements in the form of drawings, parts lists and specifications, and ensure these requirements are met within the completed part.
- Create clear and concise technical documents, drawings, instructions and specifications.
- Document all processes, bill of materials, and requirements within the Enterprise Reporting Portal system
- Work with numerous departments to effectively create and launch new processes
- Coordinate the design, build, and try-out of equipment within a given time line for a particular product in cooperation with manufacturing and engineering.
- Lend assistance to other departments in their involvement with equipment/process planning/manufacturing and scheduling issues.
- Ensure that all safety requirements are being carried out when performing duties.
- Provide support in the creation of engineering system goals as outlined by management.
- Act as liaison between Production and the Engineering group.
- Maintain project timeline and consistently meet customer deadlines.
- Carry out all duties focusing on the goal of internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Provide assistance with the management of the AS9100 Quality Management System
- Liaise with suppliers on issues related to manufacturing, engineering.
- Assist in the preparation of quotations as required.
- Ensure that all environmental and health and safety aspects are considered with the development of new processes and equipment.
- Clear Background Check
- Meet the registration requirements of the Controlled Goods Program
- Able to work in Canada, Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- University degree/college diploma in mechanical, manufacturing or process engineering, or equivalent industry experience
- Minimum of 5 years related work experience in a custom machining environment, within a manufacturing team.
- Experience working in aerospace industry is mandatory
- Experience with manufacturing equipment, processes and projects.
- Knowledge of AS9100
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Advanced knowledge of machining processes.
- Ability to create and interpret complex blueprints and specifications.
- Proven Continuous Improvement Projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Attention to detail is critical.
- Working knowledge of Inventor and AutoCAD an asset.
- Solid understanding of GD&T.
- Strong working knowledge of computer programs such as MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Must be capable of initiating and directing work with minimum supervision.
- Creative thinker and goal oriented.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to plan, schedule activities within a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to conduct analysis, prepare reports, problem solve.
- Have sound judgment and decision making ability.
- Have a customer and relationship building focus
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive group benefit plan including medical, dental & life insurance coverage
- Company contributions to retirement savings plan (RSP)
- Training, development & career planning
- Air Conditioned Facility
- Located near Hwy 400 and Finch Avenue in Toronto, Ontario
NWI Precision will make reasonable accommodations of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to NWI Precision would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should provide details to Human Resources.
NWI Precision is strongly committed to the recruitment, selection, development, and promotion of employees based on individual merit. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national original, age, or disability. We continually seek to build and maintain a workforce that reflects the customers and organizations we serve.
Any employment agency, person or entity that submits a résumé in response to this posting or to a hiring manager does so with the understanding that the applicant's résumé will become the property of NWI Precision. NWI Precision will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $55,000.00-$88,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- North York, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- Manufacturing: 5 years (required)