New 2022 Wage = $16.54
Incoming professionals with relevant work experience may be subject to higher wages.
New 2022 Premium for Night Shift (22:00-06:00) = $1.00/hour
Job Type: Casual
The Gateway to Your Future
It all starts with you. You are passionate and knowledgeable about sports. The Host/Hostess position harnesses your valuable customer service skills and grows with our team. What you bring is an eagerness to listen and learn, and an ability to maintain your cool under pressure. The hostess creates welcoming energy from the moment our guests walk through the door until they leave.
You manage the flow of the restaurant and generate customer loyalty, so put yourself in the heart of the action. The hostess also processes all reservations and plans guest seating arrangements, while helping servers with food and beverage expediting, bussing and cleaning. What we provide you is a stellar benefits package for full-time employees, a flexible work/life balance and the chance to move up the ladder at a company with more than 27 locations across Canada.
- Full benefits package for full-time employees
- Retirement savings plan
- Exciting, supportive and fun work environment
- Family and friends discounts on travel, tech, food, beverage, and fitness
- Development and training opportunities
- Engage with others and provide a premium guest experience.
- Are comfortable initiating conversations with guests.
- Know how to have fun on the job and enjoy a public role.
- Can juggle multiple tasks and work well under pressure.
- Benefit from working flexible hours, evenings and weekends.
What You Bring
- Host/hostess experience in the hospitality/food service industry preferred.
- Cash handling experience using POS system or cashier register.
- Tourism, promotion, marketing, entertainment or event training experience preferred.
- Serving It Right (BC)/ Proserve (Alberta) certificate/ Smart Serve (Ontario).
- World Host / Super Host certificate or other similar customer service programs preferred.
- Proven selling, marketing, and service skills in a dining, retail, or promotions environment.
- Effective public speaking skills and presence.
- Ability to pull, lift and carry objects up to 30 pounds, specifically a fully loaded serving tray.
- Knowledge of specialty food and beverage items.
Why Work With Us?
Gateway celebrates and empowers our team members, who make it all possible. A career at Gateway means working with great people, being recognized for your unique contribution and career advancement opportunities across our 27 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs while working in a dynamic and fun environment. See for yourself what it?s like to be on a team that values your vision, skill and energy.
Get to Know Gateway
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (?Gateway?) is one of the largest and most diversified gaming and entertainment companies in Canada. Across its 27 gaming properties in British Columbia, Ontario and Edmonton, Alberta, Gateway currently employs approximately 8,648 people and boasts approximately 448 table games (including 49 poker tables), 13,887 slots, 85 restaurants and bars and 561 hotel rooms. Gateway is the service provider for the Central, Southwest and North gaming Bundles in Ontario, which includes 11 properties in their portfolio. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, dramatically improving the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. Some of Gateway's proprietary brands include Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley's Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada. Further information is available at www.gatewaycasinos.com.
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages!
Gateway is a proud equal opportunity employer and dedicates itself to Respect, Integrity, Team-Work and Exceptional Customer Service. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free candidate experience and work environment. If you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.
Job Type: Casual
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability