Looking to add another automotive service technician to a fast paced repair shop in Blackfalds, Alberta.
- 2-5 years previous experience in the automotive trade; preference given to those who are licensed, but willing to hire a 3rd or 4th year apprentice.
- A current driver’s abstract
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of diagnostic and repair equipment
Full time: 8 hours a day Monday to Friday and benefits are available.
Responsibilities may include, but not be limited to:
- Road test motor vehicles and test automotive systems and components for diagnostic of issues
- Perform routine vehicle tune-ups and maintenance
- Perform quality automotive repairs including, but not limited to: front-end checks and repairs, engine repair, tune-ups, brake systems, transmission repairs, air conditioning and accessory installs.
- Provide explanation and diagnosis of repairs needed, when required to do so.
- Able to work as a team and assist other team members with repairs/maintenance, as required.
If you are able to multitask and handle multiple priorities, please apply!
- Read manufacturer's drawings and manuals
- Basic computer and internet literacy
- Operate a variety of hand, power, and shop tools
- Keep shop equipment operating (maintain, troubleshoot, repair, etc.)
- Drive manual transmission vehicles
- Use computer diagnostic equipment
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- automotive technician: 2 years (required)
- Drivers License (required)
- Driver's Abstract (required)