Descartes Unites the People and Technology that Move the World
The need for efficient, secure, and agile supply chains and logistics operations has become ever more critical and complex. By combining innovative technology, powerful trade intelligence and the reach of our network, Descartes helps get goods, information, transportation assets, and people where they’re needed, when they’re needed.
We’re one of the most broadly deployed logistics and supply chain technology companies in the world. More than 22,000 customers around the globe use our cloud-based solutions to transform the way they move inventory and information to enhance productivity, better serve customers, thrive competitively, keep pace with evolving regulations, and respond to rapidly changing market conditions. Descartes is publicly traded (Nasdaq:DSGX, TSX:DSG) with headquarters in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, and offices and partners around the world. With record financial performance for more than 16 years, we lead the industry in innovation investment. Every day, logistics service providers, manufacturers, retailers, distributors, and other logistics-intensive businesses of all sizes rely on our scale, stability, and comprehensive solution footprint to move what’s most important to them. Learn more at www.descartes.com.
We’re growing fast and invite you to join our amazing team.
We are looking for a Junior Treasury Analyst to join our team in Waterloo, Ontario. The Junior Treasury Analyst will be primarily responsible for supporting our treasury functions including bank reconciliations, cash management, various treasury reporting, and other ad-hoc projects. You will report to the Treasury Manager and work closely with other internal departments as well as external banking partners.
- Maintain daily/weekly reconciliation of banks
- Generate weekly reports for internal departments to record banking transactions
- Assist with preparing inputs for weekly cash management reports
- Prepare bank file control validations for weekly payment runs
- Work closely with other Finance teams to ensure accurate recordings of banking transactions
- Coordinate timely period end closings of bank G/Ls
- Identify and investigate unknown banking transactions
- Record banking journal entries and intercompany transfers
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation reports, ensuring compliance with internal controls
- Assist with quarterly transfer pricing payment process
- Liaise with internal departments banking partners and external auditors
- Contribute to ongoing treasury process improvements and automation
- Assist with ad-hoc reporting, admin, and other projects as required
- University degree/college diploma in accounting/finance or related field of study
- Experience with SAP or in an accounting, treasury or finance-related role would be an asset
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Excel (intermediate), Word and Outlook
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently and as a team in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to adapt and prioritize to meet deadlines
Location: Waterloo - This role is currently fully remote with a return to office (to be determined) in the future.
As we scale, we’re looking for new doers, collaborators and innovators to join Descartes in uniting the people and technology that move the world as the Global Leader in Logistics and Supply Chain Technology. We’re entrepreneurial, hardworking, geeky-in-a-good way problem solvers. Guided by our values, we nurture a TEAM focused culture that invests in people and creates opportunities for advancement across a broad spectrum of career paths. We prioritize work-life balance and foster an environment with the space to take ownership, to be heard, and to carve a path for your individual accomplishments to help drive our success. At Descartes, everyone has a voice and the best argument wins, regardless of who makes it. We offer competitive compensation, great benefits, remote and flexible work hours, and the opportunity to join a company on an awesome mission with a great existing team and trajectory.
Descartes also has a deep sense of environmental responsibility. Learn more about how we helped our customers save over 552,000 metric tons of CO2 in 2020 by reducing fuel and paper consumption: https://www.descartes.com/who-we-are/social-responsibility-sustainability/environmental-impact. Join a team that’s committed to working with customers to conserve resources and enhance sustainability.
If you feel you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for, and Descartes sounds like the team and the mission you want to be part of, apply now. We can't promise it will be a fit, but we do promise to consider your experience.
Due to COVID-19, we've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video (Microsoft TEAMS) and are on-boarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
We are an Equal Employment employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, or local law. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please review our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics at Descartes.com. Descartes is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. Applicants in North America with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can email us at [email protected] Provide your name and contact information along with the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process. Your request will be responded to as soon as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.