As part of the Fox Group Canada expansion plans (Mango, Fox Home, and Laline) we are looking for an experienced IT Support Technician to join the team! This position is responsible to deliver first level support to our stores and Head Office teams by providing innovative customer-focused service by analyzing, troubleshooting and resolving Computer hardware/software and application related issues in an efficient and courteous manner. This position will be based in the Canada Head Office (Toronto).
Here's some of what you’ll do:
- Act as the first point of contact for all computer and related hardware, application and telecom related requests for IT service and support.
- Resolve technical issues related to servers, computers, printers, computer peripheral devices and telecommunication devices.
- Upgrade existing PC Hardware and software.
- Provide end-user support for the installation and support of applications.
- Maintain and manage scheduled Windows / software updates
- Respond within expected timelines and work to resolve all urgent issues in fast, efficient manner and in accordance with company standards/guidelines
- Record, categorize and log requests for service using a central ticket management solution;
- Leverage available tools (SMS, remote support utilities, knowledge base and other sources of documentation) to resolve incidents in an efficient and effective manner
- Transfer and escalate incidents and problems to 2nd/3rd level support resources and follow up with ticket owners to ensure resolution in a timely manner;
- Create, change and decommission user accounts in accordance with corporate policies and procedures
- Provide training to employees and users.
- Develop procedures and provides documentation and users manuals.
Here’s the skills, experience and knowledge we’re looking for:
- Diploma related to Computer / Information Technology or related field.
- Minimum 5 years’ working in a Technical Service Desk, supporting a team within a professional office environment and multi-unit retail /restaurant environment
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with expert level proficiency with Azure portal/servers; Microsoft, Windows (2012/2016/2019/Win10/11) and Microsoft Office 365
- Knowledge with HP Retail solution hardware (touch screens, Printers, scanners etc.) as well with HP\Dell’s Desktops\Laptops\Servers hardware/Knowledge with network printers; Microsoft Hyper -v virtualization – Advance
- Network skills include but not limited to vLANs, Routing, SSL tunneling, SSL clients, switching, WIFI, FW policy
- Asset to have Checkpoint firewalls background
- Experience Supporting EDR\AV Solutions – Advance
- Advanced proficiency in MSOffice applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience with troubleshooting and resolving computer hardware, printer hardware, peripherals, and E-Mail Systems issues is required.
Some additional attributes you'll need to have to be successful:
- Self starter: punctual, responsible and reliable
- Highly skilled at prioritizing and determining solutions to provide excellent service/support to internal and external business partners
- Pleasant and courteous; able to work well both independently and cooperatively as part of a team and liaise effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated commitment to client service and professional representation of the IT department and organization.
- Proficient English communication skills, both written and verbal including strong business writing skills. French would be an asset
- Proven ability to professionally handle confidential information and exercise good judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Demonstrated successful experience of prioritizing work, making decisions and communicating with others within a values framework of respect, equity, diversity and inclusivity.
- Ability and agility to work in a global, multicultural, fast- paced ‘start -up’ environment
- Willing and able to work flexible hours to support retail operations which may include evenings/weekends and be available when urgent, unexpected issues arise.
Why work with us?
This is a fabulous opportunity to be part of a dynamic, premium brand retailer in Canada and to actively contribute to the development of the business by becoming part of a global company that offers endless possibilities to learn and grow.
We offer a competitive compensation package; group benefits that include an HSA; paid time off policies and a generous employee discount.
Fox Group Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities. We will accommodate applicants’ needs, upon request, throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Please inform us of the accommodation(s) that you may require. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.