Mission Statement: Homes First Society develops and provides affordable, stable housing and support services to break the cycle of homelessness for people with the fewest housing options.
The successful applicant will provide support to ICM follow up support workers and tenants in their housing. The individual will be managing all the follow up support staff to ensure that the clients are provided with all the support they need to help them achieve their goals as well as stabilize their housing situation post-homelessness.
- Experience supervising in a unionized environment
- Ability to maintain a strong practice of privacy and confidentiality.
- Maintaining a system for collecting relevant statistics needed for evaluations report and funding proposals.
- Ensuring effective communications with other departments within the organization as well as with external agencies.
- Ability to work occasional weekends and/or evenings, when required and to carry 24-hour emergency on-call phone.
- Ability to work in an environment where there may be smoke, is required.
- Knowledge of tenant population, diversity issues, anti-discrimination practices and systemic reasons for homelessness.
- Knowledge of relevant laws, standards and guidelines; including the Ontario Landlord and Tenant Act and Residential Tenancies Act; Shelter Standards and Social Housing Reform Act
- Knowledge of resources and services available in the community;
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to travel within the GTA to support clients, teams and attend various meetings
- Demonstrated organizational, time management, and administration skills
- Demonstrated experience with trauma informed approach and understanding of marginalized communities including anti-Indigenous and anti-Black racism practices.
- Post-secondary diploma in social services/social work and/or related field or equivalence in education and experience.
- At least 5 years’ experience working with people who are homeless, under-housed and dealing with addictions and mental illness.
- At least 1-2 years’ experience supervising unionized staff.
- Excellent leadership, communication and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Valid driver's license
- Knowledge of relevant laws, standards and guidelines
- Knowledge of diversity issues, anti-discrimination practices and systemic reasons for homelessness
- Self-motivated with the ability to problem solve individually and as part of a team/group
- Excellent interpersonal, conflict resolution and organization skills.
- Formal training and qualifications in leadership an asset
- Certificates in First Aid, CPR, Naloxone training, and Crisis Prevention and Intervention an asset
This position may require evenings and weekends
Homes First Society is an equal opportunity employer
Working in an environment where there may be smoke is required.
The successful applicant must provide a criminal record check that is satisfactory to Homes First Society
Homes First is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $25.57 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
Please note, all candidates offered a position with Homes First from September 8, 2021 onward must be fully vaccinated and provide proof of their vaccination status as a condition of employment. Please note Homes First will comp
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
Work Location: One location