What does WestRock do?
We are a production facility and we make cardboard boxes. Have you ever ordered pizza or an item online? If so, there is a good chance that it was a WestRock box made in one of our WestRock facilities.
The WestRock Etobicoke facility is looking for a licensed Industrial Maintenance Millwright to work as part of the maintenance team. To be considered for this position, you must be able to work 8-hour shifts rotating weekly; (midnight, afternoon, days). All successful applicants must be able to provide a satisfactory criminal background check, pre-employment medical.
· Troubleshoots problems on plant equipment and facilitates and determines maintenance requirements. Ability to go to root cause of problems. Perform proper follow up on repairs to implement long term solutions
· Responds to breakdowns on plant equipment and in the building. Ability to determine the need for temporary solutions or permanent solutions based on time constraints given by production
· Maintains preventative maintenance programs and ensures regular checks and lubrication on all equipment
· Maintains operation of the boiler systems, heating, steam and energy supply
· Assist in minor electrical repairs and reset safely
· Assists with the installation of plant equipment and occasionally assists in equipment design
· Know what fits are required for various services, including antifriction bearings and be able to make such fits
· Be able to handle heavy equipment safely and have knowledge of foundation work
· Assists in the development of the plant occupational health and safety program.
What you need to work at WestRock:
· High school diploma
· Certified Industrial Millwright 433A
· Minimum 5 years as a licensed Industrial Millwright
· Technical knowledge
· Good verbal and written communication skills
· Positive, can-do attitude/Initiative
· Physically fit
· Able to work shifts
Why work with WestRock:
· Hourly Rate $32.73
· Comprehensive Benefits after completion of probationary period
· Pension plan after six months of employment
· Celebration lunches and BBQ’s
· An Employer that cares about health and safety
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety, and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
- A management team committed to WestRock's values of Respect, Accountability, Integrity and Excellence
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons with disabilities, WestRock will, upon request from the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. Please contact WestRock, Human Resources at 416-253-4070 about your needs and we will consult with you to ensure suitable accommodation is provided.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $32.73 per hour
- 8 hour shift