Morgan Construction and Environmental Ltd. is a leading provider of civil construction services. We work closely with project owners and engineers to ensure that every project’s needs are met. Our broad range of services allows us to work on virtually any phase of a project, from construction through decommissioning.
Reporting to the Director, Corporate Services, the Human Resource Manager will lead the HR Team in the provision of HR business advisory to corporate and operational managers.
- Ensures the corporate values and Pillars of Excellence is understood, embraced, and implemented by management and employees and personally demonstrates the same in daily interactions and relationships.
- Identifies, recommends, and updates best practices for employee attraction, recruitment, retention, engagement, performance management, and progressive discipline.
- Implements proactive and innovative human resource practices and provides direction, training, and coaching to assist management with effective execution on key initiatives and processes.
- Ensures all managers and employees are familiar with and abide by HR policies, guidelines, programs, and provides instruction and interpretation as required.
- Collaborates and works proactively to anticipate and identify challenges and recommend solutions to key issues.
- Provides guidance to management on provincial employment standards, employment law, workers’ compensation, OH&S, human rights, and privacy protection.
- Acts as a key support and back up to the Corporate Recruitment and Development Manager for the sourcing and selection of corporate positions and select field support positions.
- Contributes / facilitates leadership development activities.
- Organizes and leads Human Resource team to respond to the changing labour market.
- Collaborates with Marketing, IT, Payroll, and others as needed to ensure systems, process, and meet the corporate objectives.
- Spearheads Temporary Foreign Worker program from application through to successful onboarding and ongoing follow up.
- Ensures the company is positioned as the employer of choice.
- Proactively manages employee relations and emerging issues, identifies gaps and lessons learned, and follows through with innovative people initiatives that bring us closer to our goal.
- Acts as a key resource, coach, and mentor for progressive discipline and releases.
- Conducts, measures, and reports on exit interviews and overall KPIs related to retention and turnover.
- Ensures the preparation of all new job descriptions and maintains/updates existing descriptions as Morgan continues to grow and expand.
- Assists the Director, Corporate Services with the identification of human resource practices that will increase engagement.
- Prepares regular reports and analysis on employee head count, recruitment, retention, turnover, leave of absences, performance development, diversity, and other key performance indicators for the department and company.
- Acts as a key back up to the Director, Corporate Services, Corporate Recruitment and Development Manager.
- At least seven years’ progressive human resources leadership experience, preferably supporting construction / contracting / oilfield services functions spread across multiple locations.
- Success in delivering excellent results fulfilling recruitment requests for a variety of positions.
- Proven ability to build consultative partnerships with internal customer groups, along with strong interpersonal relationships throughout the organization.
- A solid understanding of overall business strategies and how human resources can best support those strategies.
- Excellent written and presentation skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of legislative requirements for operating across Canada.
- Understands leadership, motivation, and engagement principles.
- Able to build trust quickly and provide a safe environment for Morganites.
- Action-oriented and self-driven.
- Able to exercise diplomacy, influence, collaborate, and practice sound judgment.
- Adaptable to change and able to work and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Client-service focused, with a can-do, team based attitude.
- Willing and able to travel out to the field from time to time to deliver training, provide face to face support, and build relationships.
- An undergraduate degree in a related discipline
- CPHR designation preferred.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- EDMONTON, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Human resources: 7 years (preferred)
Work Location: One location