Job descriptionWork Arrangements This contract position is available from the date of hire to June 31, 2022 with possibility of yearly renewal. A commitment to being able to work evenings and weekends and travel to and work at multiple locations, including off campus sites throughout the lower mainland, and legally travel to the U.S. is required.
What Douglas Offers
DO what you love. Be good at it. That’s how Douglas College defines a great career. It’s a philosophy that resonates through our classrooms, our offices and our boardrooms. It inspires our students and drives us to make Douglas College one of BC’s Top Employers. We love what we do. And we’re looking for passionate, motivated people to join us in making one of Canada’s best colleges even better.
The Role The Baseball Head Coach will have the proven experience to develop a high performance baseball program coupled with an understanding of a student-centered approach focusing on the development of the whole student. (High academic achievement, leadership development, community service and culture development.)
Responsibilities 1. Develop, and manage a sustainable Pay-to-Play self funded financial model and business plan;
2. Recruit, develop and mentor student-athletes with high athletic skills and great character;
3. Develop perennial conference contenders;
4. Create a community of loyal supporters and partners eager to contribute to developing a top-of-class team;
5. Provide coaching leadership in the ongoing development and improvement of the student-athletes, coaching staff and the overall program.
6. Fully embrace the Royals culture
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need 1. Coaching experience at the post-secondary level i.e. college, university or equivalent level.
2. A demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and inspire student-athletes;
3. Good understanding of the NWAC conference, league, rules and expectations;
4. Success at Provincial or National Championships is an asset;
5. A Bachelor’s degree required, Masters preferred, and or equivalent experience
6. NCCP – Competition Regional Coach Certified required, Provincial Coach Trained
or Certified is an asset;
7. Experience in recruiting student-athletes within a post-secondary environment;
8. Strong communication, motivational, and organizational skills;
9. Strong knowledge of sport specific training, tactics and technical skills development;
10. Ability to articulate and implement goals in the development of the program;
11. Ability to coach during evenings and attend competitions (home & away) on weekends, and travel to the U.S.;
12. Ability to attend coaches’ meetings and related athletic department special events;
13. Demonstrated ability to initiate, organize and lead team specific fundraising activities an asset;
14. A positive attitude in the midst of a busy and challenging atmosphere is essential;
15. Ability to work in a team environment;
16. Strong commitment to upholding the values and mission of Douglas College as outlined in the 2020-2025 Strategic Plan;
17. Class IV BC Driver’s License is an asset,