Better Mobility for Life
Savaria designs, engineers and manufactures products to help people gain personal mobility. We make a range of accessibility lifts and wheelchair accessible vans. We also produce elevators- from basic to luxurious - for select commercial applications and for home use.
We are currently recruiting for a General Labour to work our afternoon shift which operates from 3:30pm-12am Monday to Friday, with some occasional overtime
Summary: To perform various duties of electrical sub-assembly and final assembly of Elevator models.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for following instructions on a Material Data Sheet, under the direction of the Lead Hand.
- Positions parts according to blueprints.
- Install and connect all associated control wiring.
- Checking the parts and troubleshooting, and perform any rewiring if needed.
- Install manual or electric door options.
- Performs all final testing and troubleshooting.
- Positions parts according to drawings.
- Fastens parts together with bolts, screws, speed clips, rivets, or other fasteners to assemble components for final assembly
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma and one - three months related experience and/or training.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals in English.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Should possess excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
Minimal lifting is required.
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principle functions of the job identified, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work required inherent in the job.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.50 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay