Certified Gas Fitter 'A Class" is responsible for performing planned and breakdown maintenance/repair/installations stationery equipment or facilities, ensuring that all work is completed in a safe, environmentally friendly and cost-effective manner as determined by the established requirements of the applicable trade.
The Certified Trades Person is directly accountable to the applicable Foreman/Coordinator in their respective Department. He/she may be required to supervise and report on an apprentice from time to time.
- Perform planned and breakdown maintenance/repairs/installations stationery equipment or facilities as determined by work orders, standard operating procedures and any legislation governing the type of work or industry.
- Safely troubleshoot and resolve mechanical/electrical problems and conduct work within planned time frames without compromising the integrity of any equipment or facility.
- Enter reports on maintenance, repairs and diagnostics into the maintenance database prior to the end of each shift, providing sufficient detail for others to understand the work that has been completed.
- Assist in the efficient commissioning of new installations and modifications; ensuring any new installation or modification/repair has been fully tested prior to operational implementation.
- Keep work areas clean and free of safety hazards on a continuous basis.
- Ensure all tools of the trade are maintained in a safe operating condition as determined by manufacturer specifications and/or standard operating procedures. Immediately report any unsafe condition to the supervisor.
- Contribute to safety and productivity by constructively participating in safety meetings, incident investigations and design reviews to ensure site safety standards and operational requirements are complied with.
- As required, help develop apprentice trades persons, including delegating tasks or projects that will assist with their skill development, so the individual can provide greater support and meet apprenticeship requirements.
- As required and directed, provide trade and non-trade assistance to other employees or project groups and perform other related duties as required.
- Gas Fitter Class A Class, as defined by Apprenticeship & Industry Training, Government of Alberta, a trade certificate issued in Alberta, a recognized trade certificate or an Alberta equivalency document is required in the applicable trade in which the employee is working.
- A current St. John Ambulance Standard First Aid Certificate with CPR is an asset.
- Extensive experience relevant to the equipment/facilities in a Coal Processing Plant and surface coal mining environment is preferred