Do you want to take your Full Stack Developer career to the next level? At Tactica, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with top talent to solve interesting challenges while crafting mobile apps, games, and web apps for health, agriculture, and research clients. You'll be an important player on a team making a difference in the world.
We are looking for a completely remote Full Stack Developer to work with our team from your own location. We are open to both full-time permanent and contract roles for this position. You’ll use your analytical and creative abilities throughout the development process.
- Develop new mobile apps, websites, and web applications
- Help define application architecture and plan solutions to technical challenges
- Research and implement tools and libraries that evolve development processes and capabilities
- Collaborate with designers to craft cutting-edge user experiences
- Manage your time against multiple deadlines and requirements
- Three or more years of Full Stack development experience and a track record of excellence as demonstrated in your body of work.
- A post-secondary education studying computer science, web/app development or comparable.
- Proficient with Ruby on Rails & React.js
- Proficient using responsive development techniques
- Good communication skills to help you collaborate with your team and clients
- A dependable home office including private working area, fast & reliable internet
Experience with the following technologies will be an asset but are not required:
- Agile development methodologies
- Styling frameworks (Bootstrap, Foundation, or similar)
- React Native
- Cloud computing (Google, AWS or similar)
About Tactica: Our culture, salary, and benefits
Tactica is an award-winning interactive digital media studio located in the heart of Winnipeg with clients across North America. Our mission is to improve people’s lives by creating engaging evidence-based health, agriculture, and research apps and websites. We want to push the boundaries of interactive experience design, and we’re looking for more like-minded people to join us.
We collaborate with researchers and brands around the world, including CBC, Ducks Unlimited, Oprah Winfrey Network, McGill University, Sick Kids Hospital, Columbia University, University of Saskatchewan, University of Calgary, University of Alberta, University of British Columbia, Travel Manitoba, Winnipeg Art Gallery, and dozens more. We take on exciting challenges where we can make a difference.
Our team is passionate, fun-loving, and we’re growing, so there’s lots of room to develop your dream career with us. With Tactica you’ll enjoy:
- Meaningful work contributing to projects that make a difference in people's lives;
- Continual professional development through mentorship, training, workshops, and conferences;
- Competitive salary;
- Health and dental benefits;
- Flexible hours and the ability to work remotely (from home or locations);
- Direct access to executives;
- Paid holidays;
- Participating in online social team building activities; and
- Hanging out with like-minded people with lots to learn and do.
Please provide your resume as a PDF.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- Web or Mobile App development: 2 years (required)
- Ruby on Rails: 2 years (required)