FRPD is an award-winning, forward-thinking organization that is focused on continual improvement. Employees of FRPD are expected to represent the company internally and externally in a professional manner that enhances the reputation of the company and reinforces its values.
The FP&A role provides key and integral financial planning and performance analysis for FRPD at both the corporate and project level. The position interacts with senior leadership on annual budgets and forecasts as well as project management teams on bid reviews, job budgeting, and forecasting, and would compile the financial information. In addition, the position will collaborate with various teams across the Company to deliver insight and ad hoc reports, as required. The position will report to the Controller.
- Actively engage with the operations side of the business, including being involved in operations meetings and building key relationships with project management allowing for enhanced understanding of project dynamics.
- Monitor financial health of active jobs via direct costs, commitments, and forecasted costs to complete against revenues and alert project management / senior leadership when issues arise during monthly meetings.
- Review of job budgets with project management and entry from HeavyBid into Timberline.
- Assist and lead the annual budgeting and forecasting cycles across all business units.
- Assists the Controller with standardized model and report formats, including the development of ad hoc reports and analysis.
- Assists and leads business process redesign and automation.
- Prepare periodic cash position reports and assist in the development of the cash flow forecasting process.
- Assist with the development of standardized job costing reporting package including income statement, accounts receivable statement, and cash flow statement.
- Development of key financial metrics, to be used by the operations side of the business, to support project management decision making
Education and Experience
- Professional designation CPA is required.
Skills, Knowledge, and Required Competencies
- Minimum 2+ years of financial analysis experience in a complex environment is required
- Experience in a project-based construction and accounting environment is desirable
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, including the use of Open Database Connectivity, is required
- Advanced financial modeling and forecasting experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent multi-tasking and planning abilities
- Highly self-motivated and able to work well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail including critical thinking and analytical skills
- Excellent organizational skills