Job descriptionPlease refer to the How to Apply for a Job (for External Candidates) job aid for instructions on how to apply. If you are an active McGill employee (ie: currently in an active contract or position at McGill University), do not apply through this Career Site. Login to your McGill Workday account and apply to this posting using the Find Jobs report (type Find Jobs in the search bar). Position Description The Department of Medicine of McGill University invites applications for a full-time position as a Clinician-Teacher in the field of Benign Hematology at the rank of Faculty Lecturer or Assistant Professor (Clinical). This is a Contract Academic Staff position and does not confer eligibility for tenure.
The candidate will be joining the Division of Hematology at the McGill University Health Centre (MUHC). The candidate will spend 50% of his/her time at the MUHC downtown hospitals and the other 50% at the MUHC’s Lachine Hospital. The position will be available as of January 1st, 2023.
The Department of Medicine is a leader in academic medicine, our educational and research missions support excellent and innovative clinical programs across our teaching hospitals. The McGill University Health Centre is one of McGill’s major teaching hospitals affiliated with the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences at Canada’s internationally renowned McGill University, located in the vibrant and multicultural city of Montreal, in the province of Quebec.
Job Duties Please see the Department of Medicine (DOM) website for McGill DOM Career path definitions . Our career path definitions specify typical ranges of time allotted to clinical work, teaching (clinical and didactic), research and administration.
As a Clinician-Teacher, your major non-clinical focus will be on teaching the next generation of physicians. Teaching activity will include both didactic and clinical teaching.
As a clinician, the candidate will be expected to develop benign hematology in the outpatient setting both at the MUHC’s downtown and Lachine sites. Clinical responsibilities will include inpatient rounding, consultation service (alternating between the Royal Victoria Hospital, Montreal General Hospital, Montreal Neurological Institute, Lachine Hospital), as well as attending outpatient clinics at both sites. Clinical laboratory duties will include morphology both at the MUHC downtown (blood and bone marrow smears) and Lachine Hospital (blood smears). McGill faculty members are expected to contribute to service activities within their units, the University, and the wider scholarly community. A demonstrated commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion is also expected. Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Candidates must hold an MD degree and must have completed specialty training in Hematology;
- Candidates must be certified by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (or equivalent) and be eligible for licensure in Quebec and certification by the Collège des médecins du Québec;
- Although not mandatory, a fellowship expertise in the domain of benign hematology is preferred;
- Bilingual language skills (French and English) are preferred, or a commitment to acquire the necessary language skills to practice medicine in Quebec. Candidates should be able to interact in English and in French with patients, families and health care professionals.
Employee Type: Contract Academic Staff ('Academic Contractual')
Rank: Faculty Lecturer/Assistant Professor
Salary: Remuneration will be according to Quebec health care fee schedule
Job Status: Full-time Posting Period: Please submit your application within 30 days of date of posting
The following supporting documents are required:
- A cover letter & curriculum vitae
- A statement indicating your academic plans if you are successful in obtaining this position. Indicate your planned career path as Clinician-Teacher. Describe your clinical time allocation and detail your teaching plans and plans for service to the academic community (MUHC downtown and Lachine sites)
- The names and contact information of three referees
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
Autolux Ltd Rapid City Transport Oshawa, ON Today