SYNERGY PROJECTS LTD. - Skilled Labourer
About Synergy Projects Ltd.
Synergy Projects Ltd. (SPL) is a division of the Synergy Group of Companies (SGC). SGC’s business is organized to provide our clients with all their commercial construction, interior build-out, and real estate investment, and development needs. We accomplish this through seven business units that operate in three core divisions: Commercial Buildings, Innerspaces, and SynVest.
Each of our business units operates independently, provides strategic diversification for our overall operations, and offers a distinct competitive edge to our clients when integrated on common projects.
The combined ability of these different business units to service projects both large and small, and across all market segments, helps ensure that each and every project we complete benefits from our attention to detail and collective expertise—which includes everything from private market investments and design support to preconstruction services and furniture education.
At SGC, there’s nothing we love more than finding new ideas, stories, ventures, or opportunities—and making them into something real.
About the Opportunity
As part of our projects-site team, you will play a key role in assisting skilled tradespersons and perform labouring activities at construction sites.
Skilled Labourer Responsibilities
- Load and unload construction materials, and move materials to/around work areas.
- Erect and dismantle concrete forms, scaffolding, ramps, catwalks, shoring and barricades required at construction sites.
- Mix, pour and spread materials such as concrete, asphalt & other construction materials.
- Assist tradespersons, carpenters & apprentices in construction/renovation/demolition activities.
- Assist heavy equipment operators to secure special attachments to equipment, signal operators to guide them in moving equipment and provide assistance in other activities.
- Assist in aligning pipes and perform related activities during oil and gas pipeline construction.
- Assist in drilling and excavating activities at construction sites.
- Level earth to fine grade specifications using rake and shovel.
- Assist in demolishing buildings using prying bars and other tools, and sort, clean and pile salvaged materials.
- Remove rubble and other debris at construction sites using rakes, shovels, wheelbarrows and other equipment.
- Operate pneumatic hammers, vibrators and tampers as directed.
- Tend site machines or equipment used in construction such as mixers, compressors, pumps and heaters as directed.
- Clean up construction debris and remove materials to refuse container.
- Oil and grease construction mobile powered equipment as directed.
- Direct traffic at or near construction sites.
- Perform other activities at construction sites, as directed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience as a general construction labourer
- Construction task skills and knowledge would be an asset.
- Communication skills, ability to speak, read, write and understand English required.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- An understanding of OH&S and corporate safety policy and procedures is an asset.
- Skid-steer / Zoom boom experience an asset
- COVID vaccination (minimum 2 doses)
- Pass 50lbs Fit to Work and Audiometric Testing
- Complete Safety Orientation
- Must have reliable transportation
If this sounds like you, and you’re looking to join a fun, collaborative, and dynamic organization, we want to hear from you! Send us your resume and apply today.
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Professional development and training opportunities.
- Mentorship and continuous learning.
- A dynamic and growth-oriented workplace.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
At Synergy, we are taking all precautions to keep our employees safe and healthy!
All employees are required to have a minimum of two (2) doses of the Covid19 vaccine and must provide proof of vaccination during the onboarding process.
Expected start date: 2022-09-21