ICON Creative Studio is Canada’s largest independently owned animation entertainment company located in the historic Gastown district of Vancouver, BC Canada with design, storyboarding, modeling, rigging, animation, technical finaling, lighting, visual effects, and compositing artists alongside creative and management teams.
Known for our quality, efficiency, and timely deliveries, ICON has partnered alongside distributors, broadcasters, and streaming platforms around the world to help create, realize and produce noteworthy content.
ICON operates from a holistic philosophy that leverages individual skill sets to maximize production efficiency on the floor while maintaining an optimal balance of creativity and quality on-screen.
Work in studio or remotely (anywhere in British Columbia).
Why work at ICON?
At ICON we constantly invest in raising the bar of our productions and fostering our people. If you are a passionate artist capable of sharing success with others, we'd like to hear from you!
- Join the fastest growing CG Animation studio in Vancouver
- Work in a safe environment. The company has successfully set up the ability to work from home via a high-speed Teradici connection.
- Work on top feature episodic CG franchises for leading streaming platforms (Netflix, Disney+, Apple TV+, Amazon, Peacock, Paramount+ etc.)
- Work with a diverse group of artists from all over the world who have come to BC to join our expanding studio
- Use all of the latest tools and Softwares
- We uphold a premium standard of quality across all of our production
- We hire for the long term and give artists the opportunity to grow, get promoted and take on as much responsibility as they can manage
- We offer flexibility and autonomy
- We facilitate requests and make changes in a timely manner
- We support PR applications
- Direct Deposit
- We offer a generous benefits package for all employees
ENVIRONMENT MODELER / TEXTURE ARTIST
- Production Experience as an Environment Modeler
- Proficiency in Maya
- CG modeling/texturing experience required working in an Animation, Gaming, or Digital Visual Effects Studio.
- Must be proficient in relevant software including Photoshop, ZBrush, Mari, Mudbox and Arnold
- CG experience creating and texturing models in Maya
- Able to build and texture unique and/or complicated sets
- Able to build and texture unique and/or complicated characters
- Assist with R&D development for new assets
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Can model and texture both props, complex and unique characters, and environments
- Has a high degree of both knowledge and experience in other departments and Pipeline
- Proactive at problem-solving and self-reliant
- Able to complete all tasks within time allotted
- Interact and cooperate with other departments to solve technical issues
ICON Creative Studio is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Ask us about our generous benefits program.