Reporting to the PM Lead & Senior Advisor, this position will be part of a team responsible to lead and coordinate planning and execution of projects to support Operations for our Bulk Shipping client in the North Vancouver area. Project planning and execution will be required for milestones and program events for fixed plant, utilities or infrastructure assets with scope that will vary in size, scale and complexity. Tendering to commissioning of electrical drives, motor installations, and assisting with other projects from the electrical perspective. At times it could involve significant field work to oversee contractors and interactions with operations.
Reporting to the PM Lead & Senior Advisor, this position will be part of a team responsible to lead and coordinate planning and execution of projects to support Operations. Project planning and execution will be required for milestones and program events for fixed plant, utilities or infrastructure assets with scope that will vary in size, scale and complexity.
The responsibilities of this role are mainly but not limited to:
- Work closely with the Project Management Lead, Operations lead and the project sponsor to ensure project meets objectives (i.e. budget, timelines, scope)
- Use standard project management tools and processes to manage and execute work
- Create or review project execution plans, schedules, budgets, resource requirements
- Organize the cross-functional team and other resources to execute day to day activities required to support project deliverables
- Manage execution plans and scopes of work and provides guidance to project team members on complex issues
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, OH&S practices and procedures, and follows Safety objectives
- Recommend and implements remedial actions as required
- Build and maintain project management tools to track execution and manage changes in scope
- Prepares and delivers project reporting for various levels of leadership
- Electrical Engineering Degree (Mandatory)
- 10+ years’ of increasing responsibility in various positions on large resource projects working for Owner Organizations
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in fixed plant, utilities or infrastructure assets is preferred
- Certified Project Management Professional PMP preferred
- Project management experience coordinating the activities of multi-disciplinary teams assigned to the project
- Developed leadership characteristics as well as advanced interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Strong facilitation skills are essential
- Initiates problem solving; devises ways of reaching objectives in the most effective / economical manner
- Builds cross-functional relationships to gain support and ensure the success of the organization
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Ability to work across boundaries (interaction with, and understanding impacts to, both functional and business unit leaders at various levels of leadership)
- Ability to lead moderate to large cross-functional project teams to safely, reliably, cost effectively and efficiently execute project scope
- Ability to lead various internal and external stakeholders in the delivery of highly complex projects
- Ability to network, relationship build, and influence change
- Work independently with limited supervision, seeking clarification as required.
- Solves problems requiring investigation and interpretation using established procedures and methods.
- Be able to exercise leadership without formal authority and work in a team environment
- Have demonstrated leadership skills for delegation, negotiation, influencing, and consensus building to coordinate work to meet objectives
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
We would sincerely like to thank all interested applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted at this time.
If selected for onboarding, you may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with job site policies.
WestCorp Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to help build a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential!
Job Type: Fixed term contract
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- North Vancouver, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Project management: 3 years (preferred)
- Industrial (Electrical & Controls): 3 years (preferred)