Early Childhood Educator WorkerDIVERSEcity Community Resources Society Surrey, BC
Position Title: Early Childhood Educator Worker
Status: Casual (On-call)
Schedule: On call shifts (Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m., 12:30 p.m. – 4.00 p.m.)
Wage: $21.63 - $25.19
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: March 31, 2023
Date Posted: October 27, 2022
Closing Date: Open until filled
Please note that internal applicants must apply by November 02, 2022, internal applications received after this date will not be considered as internal and seniority will not apply – position will remain open until filled.
As part of the Language Programs team, the Early Childhood Educator provides a caring and positive learning environment for children in the childcare programs. The primary responsibilities for this position are planning, preparing and delivery of daily early childhood educational activities.
1. Is alert and responsive to children’s needs at all times, while fostering a caring and positive learning environment.
2. Monitors and assesses the developmental needs of the children on a regular basis and implements attainable goals to help with the development and growth of each child.
3. Participates in curriculum development and plans and implements daily activities.
4. Prepares materials and equipment for activities and maintains the cleanliness of equipment and supplies.
5. Ensures the safety and hygiene of all children while in the center.
6. Adheres to Centre’s guidelines for discipline and managing behaviors appropriately.
7. Immediately reports instances of suspected child abuse to the day care coordinator.
8. Adheres to DIVERSEcity and personnel policies, procedures and practices.
9. Attends team and DIVERSEcity meetings and participates in multi-disciplinary committee work.
10. Fosters and maintains good communication with parents and provides parenting information to parents and refers them to other services if required.
11. Plans and delivers educational workshops for parents as required.
12. Assists day care coordinator in the completion of required administrative duties.
13. Acts as the supervisor during the absence of the day care coordinator.
14. Stays abreast of current developments in the ECE field and continues to upgrade professional skills.
Qualified Candidates will possess:
1. Grade 12 education and completion of ECCE Program
2. Early Childhood Educator License to Practice
3. Previous experience in childcare preferred
4. A criminal record check is a condition of employment
5. Standard First Aid training.
6. TB test clearance
7. Must be able to obtain a doctor’s note indicating the applicant is physically and psychologically capable of working with children and carrying out duties in a community care facility
8. Understanding and sensitivity to the needs of young children.
9. Cross-cultural experience and knowledge of settlement issues.
10. Ability to plan daily activities appropriate to the curriculum of the program.
11. Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
12. Second language an asset.
This position requires union membership. A Criminal Record Check is a requirement of employment.
To apply, please upload your resume and cover letter as separate attachments. Please note that only Word or PDF formats can be accepted. As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a short questionnaire. Please ensure all questions are answered.
To view all opportunities at DIVERSEcity visit www.dcrs.ca/work-with-us/.
This position is based in our Surrey office and is in-person services. DIVERSEcity has implemented new safety procedures for in-office and in-person work, to view our safety plan, please visit www.dcrs.ca/news/diversecity-covid-19-safety-plan/. Successful candidates will be provided with the training and equipment to safely carry out their duties, ensuring the best protection for our staff and clients.
A comprehensive job description will be provided to all candidates shortlisted for interviews.
DIVERSEcity is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from people of all gender identities and expressions, persons with disabilities, Indigenous peoples and visible minorities. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application and hiring process may contact our HR department at ([email protected]). Any personal information provided will be maintained in confidence.
DIVERSEcity Community Resources Society is a registered charity devoted to helping newcomers. For 40 years we have focused on providing specialized services newcomers to find employment, learn English, find housing, deal with family challenges, work through mental health issues and access medical care. DIVERSEcity is a client-centred organization committed to quality and accountability. We value growth, respect, integrity and compassion. To learn more about DIVERSEcity visit us at https://www.dcrs.ca/.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.