Vaughan, Ontario (moving to Mississauga - 6696 Financial Drive - in early 2023)
Mattamy Homes Canada
Design Studio, GTA Lowrise Division
Manager, Design Studio
When it comes to forward-thinking homebuilding and thoughtfully planned communities, Canadians think of Mattamy Homes. And that success is centred on a foundation of great people, because our team is as solid as they come. At Mattamy, we are optimistic, hardworking and supportive. Together we learn and grow as we strive to create a positive impact in the homebuilding industry. Contributing to the Mattamy Way means being surrounded by caring people who encourage you to be exactly who you are. It means your opinion is invited and your contributions count. And it means a career filled with pride, knowing you’re part of an environmentally-conscious, action-oriented organization with big plans for the future. The opportunity to bring the future of living to homeowners based on what Canadians value is exciting – and we’re making it happen.
Learn more about what makes working at Mattamy special and our award-winning culture.
If you are looking for a developmental position that provides an opportunity to apply your superior client service, management and organizational skills within a fantastic team-oriented environment, this is the perfect role for you!
This is a full-time hourly role with a bonus plan and benefits package.
What we offer
Reporting to the Director, Design Studio the Design Studio Home & Style Team Lead, with our GTA Lowrise Division will provide overall supervision & organization of the Design Studio Home & Style team as well as support to additional areas within the Design Studio team. As the knowledge expert on design options for all active communities, this role will provide excellent customer service and assistance to homeowners during Home & Style hours while striving to provide The Best Homeowner Experience.
The successful incumbent must be flexible and available to work a minimum of 37.5 hours per week. The working hours include regular business hours (8:30am – 5:00pm) 3 days per week (Monday to Friday ), and Saturdays & Sundays (9:00am – 6:00pm).
What you’ll do
- Managing the Home & Style operations, including organizing the Home & Style Associates scheduling for evening and weekend hours.
- Addressing escalated questions from Homeowners during operational hours.
- Maintaining full knowledge of included and optional design options on all active communities.
- Providing excellent customer service and assistance to homeowners during browsing hours.
- Oversee and manage tours, performed by Design Studio Associates as well as the Assistant Team Lead.
- Assisting Homeowners with understanding of colour selections, identifying customer needs in style and individual requirements and answering design related questions to prepare them for their design appointment with a Design Consultant.
- Assist in product reselection as required.
- Accepting payments and signed paperwork.
- Organizing routine meetings and product knowledge sessions with the Home & Style team.
- Support the recruitment and training to both new and existing Home & Style Associates as required
- Completing a weekly check of product inventory and provide feedback to the Merchandiser
- Schedule Design appointments with homeowners for Design Consultants, if required.
- Assist the Design Studio Merchandiser with overflow duties that may arise, including the overall organization and tidiness of the Design Studio showroom and samples.
What you bring
- Minimum high school diploma required.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working in a retail environment with a strong focus on sales and customer service.
- Takes initiative with the continuation of improvement in the Studio.
- Strong communication skills - both verbal and written in a professional manner.
- Creative thinker with interest in colour and design.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Solid computer literacy with experience in MS Office applications including PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to work both as part of a team and independently in a fast pace environment.
- The ability to be self-motivated and self-directed.
- Continuously seek opportunities that will broaden their knowledge to perform in the position with optimization.
- Preferred completion in an Interior Design, Interior Decorating and/or Architecture diploma or degree program would be considered an asset.
- Prior experience with Managing a team or leading a team is considered a strong asset.
We encourage applicants who meet most of the role requirements to hit that submit button and apply! It’s okay if you don’t have 100% of the requirements. If you’re the right candidate, we’ll help you learn and grow.
Who we are
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with 40-plus years of history across Canada and the United States. Every year, Mattamy helps more than 8,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In Canada, our communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton.
At Mattamy, we're passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are important to the work we do to support our homebuyers, colleagues, and communities. From how we build our teams to cultivating our leaders, we're on a journey toward a welcoming, barrier-free culture for everyone.
Be yourself. We want it that way.
Mattamy Homes Canada is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation through any aspects of the selection process, please notify us on your application and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the Talent Acquisition team.