Job descriptionNew 2022 Wage = $17.27
Incoming professionals with relevant work experience may be subject to higher wages.
New 2022 Premium for Night Shift (22:00-06:00) = $1.00/hour
Job Type: Casua l
Who We Are Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (“Gateway”) is one of the largest and most diversified gaming companies in Canada. Operating in British Columbia, Edmonton and Ontario, Gateway has over 6,000 employees and operates 25 gaming properties with more than 280 tables, over 9,600 slots, 68 restaurants and bars and 272 hotel rooms. As the selected service provider for the Central Gaming Bundle in Ontario, Gateway will bring two more properties and one new planned build in Wasaga Beach or Collingwood to the Gateway portfolio when fully implemented. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, which has dramatically improved the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. This includes brands like Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley’s Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada.
Why Work For Us Gateway celebrates and empowers those employees who made it all possible. A career at Gateway means great people, a great atmosphere and career advancement opportunities across our 26 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs for all while working in an engaging and fun environment. Join us today!
The Position Join our cage team where every contribution counts!
A count team member will accurately retrieve, sort, count, and reconcile daily monetary receipts and deposits.
To excel in this role, cash handling experience and precision are a must. With training and self-motivation, you will have the potential to progress your career in the casino environment. The possibilities are countless!
A Great Fit, if You
- Are self-motivated and enjoy mastering tasks accurately
- Would like to learn about cash and coin counting machines
- Are precise with numbers, enjoy working with spreadsheets and focusing on details
- Work well under pressure in fast paced environment
- Get along well with your team members
- Tend to feel most energetic at nights and benefit from working flexible hours, evenings, and weekends
- Collects cash/ticket cassettes from electronic gaming machines and monies from table games drop boxes
- Participates in the float preparation and loading/unloading of ticket redemption machines
- Counts and reconciles monies collected from slot machines, poker tables and vending machines as applicable
- Prepares daily deposits for Slots, Lotteries, Food and Beverage, and Table Games
What You’ll Require
- Minimum 6 months cash handling experience
- Ability to add and multiply; balance floats/spreadsheets
- Good manual dexterity to accurately handle cash, tickets, and poker-chips
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and pull, lift, and carry objects up to 35 lbs and push/pull a heavy cart
- Are comfortable working with a team in a small and secure office
- DealUs In (Phase 1) and Reel Facts VLT training available within 30 days from start (In Alberta)
What Is Next Love what you see so far? For the best chance to hear from us, apply within 30 days of the posting date. Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages!
Gateway is a proud equal opportunity employer and dedicates itself to Respect, Integrity, Team-Work and Exceptional Customer Service. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free candidate experience and work environment. If you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.